Interesting study on attractiveness vs personality as first impression

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, we get it. Unattractive people will never get a date. The continuation of the aesthetically impaired is only due to alcohol, darkened rooms, maybe wizardry, and women who, instead of just being shallow, are also money-grubbing, gold-digging whores. :rolleyes:

Now let's make 100 more threads to support this claim and turn the forum into one big festival of misogyny. WOMEN Y U SO SHALLOW?

Barbaloot said:
OK, we get it. Unattractive people will never get a date. The continuation of the aesthetically impaired is only due to alcohol, darkened rooms, maybe wizardry, and women who, instead of just being shallow, are also money-grubbing, gold-digging whores. :rolleyes:

Now let's make 100 more threads to support this claim and turn the forum into one big festival of misogyny. WOMEN Y U SO SHALLOW?

That leaves me out because I live in a dry county, where there is perpetual sunshine and I am only a level 2 wizard and don't know any love spells yet. I'll never find anyone. Woe is me.

theraab said:
Barbaloot said:

That leaves me out because I live in a dry county, where there is perpetual sunshine and I am only a level 2 wizard and don't know any love spells yet. I'll never find anyone. Woe is me.

Oh, I'm sorry. You're just out of luck then. You'd better get rich or women will hate you forever. :\

Barbaloot said:
Oh, I'm sorry. You're just out of luck then. You'd better get rich or women will hate you forever. :\

LOL...that doesn't work either, if you're looking for a relationship and not just a sugar baby! Been there, done that. :p

LonelyInAtl said:
Barbaloot said:

LOL...that doesn't work either, if you're looking for a relationship and not just a sugar baby! Been there, done that. :p

ATL, I think you might need to have your sarcasm detector taken in for service.

Barbaloot said:

I thoroughly laughed at that.

Barbaloot said:

well said :D

VanillaCreme said:
Barbaloot said:

I thoroughly laughed at that.

women and MEN are shallow !

I think everyone is shallow. Some more than others of course. Nothing wrong with it of course.

I always thought personality was one of the facets that make up attractiveness.

If you are average looking, like most of us, but you make an effort to dress smart, well groomed, can manage a smile and have something to say for yourself that doesn't scream self loathing and bitterness, you're making great strides toward being attractive. Blaming it all on your few extra pounds is just lazy and defeatist to be honest. But if it as simple as looks and only looks why aren't you down the gym getting a new body, or is that not worth the effort either?

It's 50% making the most of yourself 50% being happy with yourself. That's all anyone can do.

The Good Citizen said:
I always thought personality was one of the facets that make up attractiveness.

If you are average looking, like most of us, but you make an effort to dress smart, well groomed, can manage a smile and have something to say for yourself that doesn't scream self loathing and bitterness, you're making great strides toward being attractive. Blaming it all on your few extra pounds is just lazy and defeatist to be honest. But if it as simple as looks and only looks why aren't you down the gym getting a new body, or is that not worth the effort either?

It's 50% making the most of yourself 50% being happy with yourself. That's all anyone can do.

yes good call !

And I suppose you have to be a bit lucky. Meeting the right person at the right time. My soul mate could be out there somewhere. Problem is I haven't met her yet.

Latest posts

Back