Is there any point in trying to date if you are ugly?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ladyforsaken said:
perfanoff said:
You'll find someone that wants a genuine relationship with you, one day, jayme. At least - I wish so :)

I second this. Best wishes to you, jayme.

I don't know if it will ever happen for me. I don't think it will...I think I give up. I quit.

jayme89 said:
ladyforsaken said:
perfanoff said:
You'll find someone that wants a genuine relationship with you, one day, jayme. At least - I wish so :)

I don't know if it will ever happen for me. I don't think it will...I think I give up. I quit.

It took me until I was 24 to find someone with whom I could have a 'serious relationship' - I'd had others, but they were fleeting and superficial in nature. When it did happen, it was completely out of the blue and while I was happy on my own.

I'm not good looking, not particularly confident and I don't have much to offer, but she loved me regardless. Don't give up, because one day that will happen for you too.

I'm going to steal a quote from BrokenInside here, so apologies in advance :)

One day, someone will walk into your life and make you realise why it never worked out with anyone else...

jayme89 said:
ladyforsaken said:
perfanoff said:

Naw, you got dis. There are plenty of non-********* guys around.

Cavey said:
One day, someone will walk into your life and make you realise why it never worked out with anyone else...

^^ I loathe that quote. It's on the FB profile of the woman my ex dumped me for. Just sayin.... :D

Cavey said:
I'm going to steal a quote from BrokenInside here, so apologies in advance :)

No need to apologize Cavey, i don't even own this quote, but yeah i truly believe in it :)

EveWasFramed said:
^^ I loathe that quote. It's on the FB profile of the woman my ex dumped me for. Just sayin.... :D

Oh i am sorry Eve! *hug*

EveWasFramed said:
Cavey said:

That's the problem with quotes of that nature; unless the person has no romantic history, there's always going to be some poor sod sat there thinking "Well, he/she walked OUT of my life!"

Ah well, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions". Another quote. Don't hurt me. :D

Dissident said:
There are plenty of non-********* guys around.

Yeap, plenty. Just need to keep looking.

EveWasFramed said:
Cavey said:

Oh dear, Eve :\

Cavey said:
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions". Another quote. Don't hurt me. :D

That quote was what my first ex said to me several times... after he said I was evil and that I served lucifer.

I hate that quote as well. If someone walked into my life now, I'd wonder why, since I first started looking at girls at 12 years old, why it took 18 years for someone to walk into my life?

Not that I believe there is actually someone out there for me. That's probably more laughable than anything else.

ladyforsaken said:
Dissident said:
There are plenty of non-********* guys around.

Yeap, plenty. Just need to keep looking.

EveWasFramed said:
Cavey said:

Oh dear, Eve :\

Cavey said:
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions". Another quote. Don't hurt me. :D

That quote was what my first ex said to me several times... after he said I was evil and that I served lucifer.

I'm on a roll. If I had a third foot to insert into my mouth I'd try another quote...

I have a quote.

"Do you ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?"

If the Joker was one of your ex's, then we have a huge, major problem here. :)

ladyforsaken said:
Cavey said:

What? Since when is that a bad thing? :p But seriously, what kind of person says that?

Well yes it is, its really subjective. I consider myself not very attractive too and am single. I know people who are totally opposite of what society percieve as attractive but are together.

There are actually a lot people who dont care that much about face and body, also there are people who knows attractive face and body doesnt mean good relationship. Most intelligent or spiritual people dont care much about that material piece of popoo cause they know you will not be satisfied for long with pretty face and dumb brains without similiar interests or feelings of care and understandment{is it a word? I dont know lol}

Yes there are people who are more attractive and intelligent at the same time but they are not you and will never be like you, you are special and unique the way you are, there is no way they are better at relationship. They possess qualities that are attractive as do you if you believe it or not. You have unique experience and personality which someone will find attractive, you have unique body which will also someone finds attractive. If you are believer or something you can call it soul if you want. The point is the same.

So do not be upset because you possess something no other human being does.

Cavey said:
I'm on a roll. If I had a third foot to insert into my mouth I'd try another quote...

Lol Cavey. Do it.

Dissident said:
ladyforsaken said:
Cavey said:

What? Since when is that a bad thing? :p But seriously, what kind of person says that?
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Obviously not a very good person.

Well I don't know if he was a truly bad person. Just one who has issues, like most of us do. We just were totally incompatible I guess. He couldn't see my good intentions, his needs were higher so when I couldn't meet them, he takes it negatively I guess, although I told him my intentions had always been good, was never to hurt him on purpose.

ladyforsaken said:
Cavey said:

Lol Cavey. Do it.

Nah... after all, "It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt"

DOH!

Cavey said:
ladyforsaken said:
Cavey said:

Lol Cavey. Do it.

Nah... after all, "It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt"

DOH!

Lol. Well sometimes, I live by this.

Little late into the thread but my 2 pence worth over your original post Learning,

Simply even though its a painful process to try and put yourself out there yes! Not everyone is as shallow as society tries to make us to be, looks **** sure are not everything ever. There are many people out there that care about a person because of their personality or what is on the inside then out. Films, TV, Mags, Books all types of social media really always show everyone as 'perfect' and 'beautiful'. Its not real its not reality.

I am a big believer of its whats on the inside that counts. Example for me i find i am attracted to humor, if you can make me laugh and forget about my troubles for a little while with funny stories then you have me hooked. I myself am what society would call 'over weight' have i let that stop me having partners and even being married? No.

I hope you don't give up or find someone crash's into your life when you least expect it but just because you feel you are what society might class as 'ugly' does not mean you are and that you don't have the right to try and date!

Latest posts

Back