It's near hopeless if you're an average (or less) Iooking guy.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets assume the statistics and all the odds are stacked against you. Lets assume you are looking for just one woman to date. You could meet that woman today for all you know. You could also get hit by a bus, but I bet you don't spend your time worrying if you get hit by a bus...please no one send stats on the chance of getting hit by a bus :)

LOL There's always that guy... ;-)

Incidentally the odds of winning the lottery are supposed to be the total population of your country to the seconth power.
So you really ARE more likely to get hit by a bus than winning the lottery, that's interesting :D

Seahorse said:
Richard_39 said:
LOL There's always that guy... ;-)

Incidentally the odds of winning the lottery are supposed to be the total population of your country to the seconth power.
So you really ARE more likely to get hit by a bus than winning the lottery, that's interesting :D

http://www.tampabay.com/news/Florida-man-20-claims-450M-Mega-Millions-jackpot_164445230

Oh, he's probably dead by now.
"20 year old multi-millionnaire dead by bus-trampling" ;-)

He's just one of the lucky ones. I mean, there's always ONE winner, it's just the odds of it actually being YOU in your lifetime are astronomical.
That's why I play-argue with mom she should've started me playing way before I was actually born lol.

I'm not sure if I believe in the law of attraction and all that stuff. I recently declared to my self, and my 4 female pets that I hate ALL men...yup I hate ALL men because of my experiences on dating sites. Lol
I decided to focus on something more important like my job search which isn't going well either, but I need a good job more than I need a BF. Well in the last few days I've been feeling more grounded and confident and guess what? I got a message from a very attractive, successful, down to earth man who is interested in me. He's also a bit younger (6 years)which scared me, but apparently women his age don't want to date him because he's 5'7"... Well lucky me....were going to dinner on Saturday night.

Seahorse said:
I'm not sure if I believe in the law of attraction and all that stuff. I recently declared to my self, and my 4 female pets that I hate ALL men...yup I hate ALL men because of my experiences on dating sites. Lol
I decided to focus on something more important like my job search which isn't going well either, but I need a good job more than I need a BF. Well in the last few days I've been feeling more grounded and confident and guess what? I got a message from a very attractive, successful, down to earth man who is interested in me. He's also a bit younger (6 years)which scared me, but apparently women his age don't want to date him because he's 5'7"... Well lucky me....were going to dinner on Saturday night.

LOL Well that's awesome, see?
...not to be that guy, but you had statistically more chance of meeting a sane, short man than you do have at winning the lottery :D
You know, everyone's lying to themselves. I understand how you feel and I've told myself the same thing you did (though I don't have four male or female pets to tell it to lol) but I don't think you could hate all men just like I can hate all women....it's disappointing when it doesn't work and doesn't really make you want to try so much, but it's when you find someone special you want to keep you realize that's it's an individual thing. In fact, you're probably more advanced than I am in your emotional development lol. I don't think I would be willing to go on a date right now, even if proposed to do so. I have others things to do at the moment, but also, same as you, fear of disapointment. Turning into an old grumbling, grumpy and much less sexier version of old Luke Skywalker ;-)

So I'm sure it'll be awesome, it's cool that you have an adventure ahead of you.
NOW GET OFF MY LAWN! ;-)

Richard_39 said:
Seahorse said:

LOL Well that's awesome, see?
...not to be that guy, but you had statistically more chance of meeting a sane, short man than you do have at winning the lottery :D
You know, everyone's lying to themselves. I understand how you feel and I've told myself the same thing you did (though I don't have four male or female pets to tell it to lol) but I don't think you could hate all men just like I can hate all women....it's disappointing when it doesn't work and doesn't really make you want to try so much, but it's when you find someone special you want to keep you realize that's it's an individual thing. In fact, you're probably more advanced than I am in your emotional development lol. I don't think I would be willing to go on a date right now, even if proposed to do so. I have others things to do at the moment, but also, same as you, fear of disapointment. Turning into an old grumbling, grumpy and much less sexier version of old Luke Skywalker ;-)

So I'm sure it'll be awesome, it's cool that you have an adventure ahead of you.
NOW GET OFF MY LAWN! ;-)

Go smoke cigarettes on your lawn before its out lawed

Seahorse said:

LOL Give it 10 minutes, I'm sure ;-)
Actually, there was an article in the newspaper from an environmentalist about it the following day saying it wouldn't be a bad idea to outlaw it in private homes as well and one dude is actually in supreme court over it. So yeah, I'm crapping myself lol.

Richard_39 said:
Seahorse said:

LOL Give it 10 minutes, I'm sure ;-)
Actually, there was an article in the newspaper from an environmentalist about it the following day saying it wouldn't be a bad idea to outlaw it in private homes as well and one dude is actually in supreme court over it. So yeah, I'm crapping myself lol.

I hate hijacking threads on here, but every time I'm banned lol I look back and see my threads turned into funny banter with others so its all good I suppose :)

Well, I figure that's the point! ;-)
I'm sure a mod will put me or us back in line if it goes in an undesired direction, but as long as we suscribe to forum guidelines, don't see no harm to it.

But you know, to stay on topic; I still don't think it's hopeless. Considering the ugly ducky I am, and remembering my past girlfriends, I must've done something right lol. As long as my daughters still say to me I'm a handsome dad, I'll be happy :)

Yes, back on topic... I hate to see any one demoralized by dating, dating sites, statistics, dumb advise online etc... Id like to see every one build their self confidence and not worry so much

I have read dating advice geared towards younger inexperienced men and its sad and just a ploy from some bitter man trying to make money giving advice to inexperienced men

Seahorse said:
Yes, back on topic... I hate to see any one demoralized by dating, dating sites, statistics, dumb advise online etc... Id like to see every one build their self confidence and not worry so much

Of course it helps to have had some experience, you know... to have experienced someone finding you attractive, wanting to be around you.

We're not attractive; probably noticeably so. It's really that simple. If there were women out there who could  find me appealing as a partner I'd have met one by now.

Unforunately I think this is mostly down to genetics and not having a pleasant looking face/head shape.

I'm at a loss. Im not a dating expert. I just think we all deserve to be happy and if dating rejection from people you have never met is demoralizing then I don't know what to say. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful

I don't know what any of you so called average or below average guys look like. I certainly appreciate your realistic view of your self compared to my extensive experience with men who think they are way better looking that what they actually are, and the older men get, the more delusional they become about their looks (in my experience)
If looks are very important to you, there's always something you can do to improve your looks even if its something small to boost your confidence.

I keep coming back to this topic because its so upsetting to me and I just want the dudes to know that dating, specifically online dating is just insane.
For example I just got a message on POF from a way older, in my opinion less attractive man give me a critique of my pictures telling me I look too masculine.
Its truly whacky out there guys, don't let the bastards get you down :)

Seahorse said:
Its truly whacky out there guys, don't let the bastards get you down :)

I wholeheartedly agree with that, but not just with dating lol.

You haven't lived until you've seen a man trying to eat another. No, he wasn't on drugs, either...
Planet Earth is the most twisted place you'll ever be. Dante's Hell seems like paradise compared to this hunk of dirt.
As such, if you ever think you're bad, or worse off...HELL NO; there's someone out there a lot worse off than you are. If you can take consolation off of that, take it.

Latest posts

Back