It's near hopeless if you're an average (or less) Iooking guy.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I usually don't reply to men on dating sites who blantentv ignore that I'm looking for some one around my age who is in my town. After reading about the guys on here feeling dejected I decided to respond to a few messages thanking them for the message but they aren't a match. Wow, that was a huge mistake. I got called the most vile things for simply not being interested. I Googled it and apparently its a very common issue.

Seahorse said:
So, I usually don't reply to men on dating sites who blantentv ignore that I'm looking for some one around my age who is in my town. After reading about the guys on here feeling dejected I decided to respond to a few messages thanking them for the message but they aren't a match. Wow, that was a huge mistake. I got called the most vile things for simply not being interested. I Googled it and apparently its a very common issue.

Yup.
That's because the internet isn't real. People feel free to become their darker selves. It encourages them to be pricks.
Try the same tye of thing in the middle of a crowded restaurant. Oh sure, you'll get one or two comments, but nothing even remotely close to the kind of honeysuckle you probably got. It's the same kind of principle that my ex's landlord permits himself to bully her when she talks to him by herself, but when I'm around he shuts his mouth and sits his squiggly, skinny ass down on a goddamn chair and hopes I won't throw him out of his own **** building. **** cowards hiding behind computer screens...that's why I hate the web.

Freaking hypocrites.
Of course, I'm generalising, it doesn't apply to all men, or even I believe most. But those guys? Hell, f*ck 'em. And sorry for the language.

I'm wondering if this mismatch for "average" looking guys isn't more a case of the lack of average looking women, and with that I mean the perceived lack... What I'm thinking is that many men will either fancy a lady or not, there is very little middle ground, it might be the same for women I can not tell and I might just be very wrong here, just a theory :)

Seahorse said:

Sadly there are those trying to ring people down everywhere you go, I do understand women getting short with men if this is the response they are used to when they are friendly instead of cold and detached. I also get the men out there that don't act like this and still get the cold/detached responses, I can tell you personally it's a real let down... take an app like Bumble, here you can only chat with a match if the woman eacts to you first, the matches I had resulted in a response of "hi", and all the talking was left up to me to get single word or sentence answers, basically reverting to the age old men have to pursue women structure....

MisterLonely said:
Seahorse said:

Sadly there are those trying to ring people down everywhere you go, I do understand women getting short with men if this is the response they are used to when they are friendly instead of cold and detached. I also get the men out there that don't act like this and still get the cold/detached responses, I can tell you personally it's a real let down... take an app like Bumble, here you can only chat with a match if the woman eacts to you first, the matches I had resulted in a response of "hi", and all the talking was left up to me to get single word or sentence answers, basically reverting to the age old men have to pursue women structure....

I can't stand when people just say hi and then expect me to initiate a conversation. How hard is it type a sentence or 2?

Seahorse said:
MisterLonely said:
Seahorse said:

I can't stand when people just say hi and then expect me to initiate a conversation. How hard is it type a sentence or 2?

I agree, although on Bumble the initiation is done by the women in the match (wonder how sort that with gay couples), and although I only had 2 matches before getting frustrated with it, it said "hi" or a version of it, and left it all up to me... I dislike games you see, if I go on an app and we match I expect there to be conversation, and not that I'll be offered the chance to #winherover.

Seahorse said:

It should be flattering if someone bothered to send a polite thanks-but-no-thanks reply considering how rare it would be to get a response.

I guess some of these guys have been hearing 'not interested' all their lives, but it's no excuse.

Seahorse said:

This is exactly why I got off dating sites. I used to reply politely by explaining that I wasn't interested but they would lose it. 

The scarier part was when I went out on a few dates with guys from these sites. When they suggested going back to their place and I politely declined the offer, they would call me all kinds of things. Saying yes to a date doesn't mean saying yes to everything right. :(

Amelia said:
Seahorse said:

This is exactly why I got off dating sites. I used to reply politely by explaining that I wasn't interested but they would lose it. 

The scarier part was when I went out on a few dates with guys from these sites. When they suggested going back to their place and I politely declined the offer, they would call me all kinds of things. Saying yes to a date doesn't mean saying yes to everything right. :(

It most certainly does not, and ******** like that ruin it for all of us, not just the men, also the women... and in the end we find ourselves living in a society where there is a breach of sorts between sexes, men are frustrated because women "play games", but being the less physical of the two they have to in order to protect themselves, women in turn are faced with these frustrated men that might have good reason to be frustrated by it all but that is not an excuse to treat anyone like that.

I'd personally love a date that ended in going home alone, at least I'd get out.

I decided to test the waters again and replied to a few complimentary messages from men who ignored that im looking for some one who lives in my town. I thanked them for the compliment and asked if they could do me a favor and tell me why they contacted me even though they don't live near by. Here are the replies.
1. I don't give a honeysuckle what your preferences are.
2. Haha. Sorry, I only looked at your pictures.
3. Your going to die alone you filthy skank.

Xpendable said:
"You're looking at the wrong men" or some BB. Forget about online dating.

I was just replying to some men who contacted me, in an effort to be nice, but mostly to find out why men contact women who are not what they are looking for over something pretty reasonable like distance. 
As much experience as I have with online dating it still gets to me as I don't have any one to laugh it off with. I also think sharing my experiences can help others see how crazy it is and not take rejection to heart.

^ It's good you are able to laugh those ones off at least, as for men, I have very limited experience with online dating, but I find that women that like me also don't seem to have read my profile.

Maybe it's just that the ********/bitches out there, or maybe I should say the frustrated/desperate people tend to swipe more.

It appears to me from the original poster that younger womem believe they are God's gift to men, while my experience is that older men think they are God's gift to women :)

On a side note, the date I had scheduled tonight with a very nice looking, bit younger man isn't happening. I thought was a bit good to be true. He ghosted me yesterday after I butt dialed him walking my dog, bending down to pick up poop and talking baby talk to my dog...lol

Xpendable said:
Forget. About. Online . Dating.

Its really my only option to meet some one. My passion is boating (I live in Florida and actually own a small boat) I don't like to go out on it by my self, and am not physically capable of getting it in and out of the water my self. So it sits in my drive way, and i sit home alone. In the last 5 years I have dated a few men, all of which were at least 5 years older than me and in mine, and others opinions I was better looking, but shared enjoyable time boating. I've never dated a man I found attractive at first but hoped they would grow on me over time due to pleasant times together.

Seahorse said:
Xpendable said:
Forget. About. Online . Dating.

Its really my only option to meet some one. My passion is boating (I live in Florida and actually own a small boat) I don't like to go out on it by my self, and am not physically capable of getting it in and out of the water my self. So it sits in my drive way, and i sit home alone. In the last 5 years I have dated a few men, all of which were at least 5 years older than me and in mine, and others opinions I was better looking, but shared enjoyable time boating. I've never dated a man I found attractive at first but hoped they would grow on me over time due to pleasant times together.

I have just given up all together. Period. At one point on line dating was legit but I don't think it is anymore. If the person is not a fake or old account, they are very likely a troll OR scammer. It is possible they aren't but the odds...as they say, are not in your favor. Like you I don't have a realistic chance of meeting anyone in the world I live in. I am surrounded by married men. If there are single men, respectfully there is typically a reason. My suggestion to you is to find another way. You can hire people do do such jobs. But you have no guarantee that anyone you would date would put your boat in the water either?

while my experience is that older men think they are God's gift to women 
smile.gif

Yup.

I get a lot of messages from men in their 20s, with chisled abs, who are full of them selves and looking to take advantage of attractive older women. I'm half way inclined to go on a date with one of these types, talk intellectually, to where they feel stupid and then leave them at the bar but nothing with the bill...

Latest posts

Back