It's near hopeless if you're an average (or less) Iooking guy.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheRealCallie said:
MisterLonely said:
TheRealCallie said:
But there ARE ******* children here...

Yes, so what! they have internet and can find that video on youtube themselves as well, and a lot worse than that.
Or de we all think the "I am over 18 years of age" button really works.

Yeah and they can also get their hands on drugs and alcohol if they really want to, does that mean they should have it handed to them?

Children are not an end all clause out of every situation about "offensive" content, if that is the case take this whole **** forum offline.
This is also not a case of handing it to them, it's a case of parents leaving the liquor cabinet unlocked.

So you are saying you and x are the parents or the children?
Given the nature of this forum, it is complete bullshit to post anything like what he did as it has great potential to offend and/or hurt a number of people. This forum is more or less a safe place for them. It needs rules and those rules need to be enforced. I agree with the deleting of the video.

Also, YOU are the one who said we aren't children. I merely pointed out that there are some children here, which completely negated your argument.

TheRealCallie said:
Given the nature of this forum, it is complete bullshit to post anything like what he did as it has great potential to offend and/or hurt a number of people.  This forum is more or less a safe place for them.  It needs rules and those rules need to be enforced.  I agree with the deleting of the video.

Also, YOU are the one who said we aren't children.  I merely pointed out that there are some children here, which completely negated your argument.

I'm not speaking for X here, just voicing my own opinion, the parents are the actual parents of children here, the liquor cabinet is the internet, but I do get your point about how the video has a potential to offend and/or cause hurt, but you know, so do half the music video's posted...

Yes there are some children here, there are also threads about sex, about drug use, about violence, shouldn't they all be closed and even deleted, a kid might read them as well. 

You can't have a safe space for everyone AND have an active forum with open discussion, people need to be allowed and need to learn to be capable of editing out the crap themselves, in today's age children more so then ever.

MisterLonely said:
TheRealCallie said:
Given the nature of this forum, it is complete bullshit to post anything like what he did as it has great potential to offend and/or hurt a number of people.  This forum is more or less a safe place for them.  It needs rules and those rules need to be enforced.  I agree with the deleting of the video.

Also, YOU are the one who said we aren't children.  I merely pointed out that there are some children here, which completely negated your argument.

I'm not speaking for X here, just voicing my own opinion, the parents are the actual parents of children here, the liquor cabinet is the internet, but I do get your point about how the video has a potential to offend and/or cause hurt, but you know, so do half the music video's posted...

Yes there are some children here, there are also threads about sex, about drug use, about violence, shouldn't they all be closed and even deleted, a kid might read them as well. 

You can't have a safe space for everyone AND have an active forum with open discussion, people need to be allowed and need to learn to be capable of editing out the crap themselves, in today's age children more so then ever.

Yet there is a reason there is a "code of conduct" now and that you HAVE to be a member to post anything.  X, in my opinion, has demonstrated time and time again that he is incapable....no, I won't say incapable, because he totally could, he just doesn't want to, he wants to cause drama...of doing that. 
Children are going to do what they are going to do, but that doesn't mean we need to make it easy for them.  "Oh, children can do pretty much anything they want now"  is not even a good argument.  Of course if they want something they are going to get it, or at least try, but to put that honeysuckle out there on a forum of this nature, where people are more likely to buy into that crap and/or be offended by it, it is the mods responsibility to decide what is and is not acceptable.  Crap like that video has the potential to hurt someone.  

Xpendable said:
There's a lot of children here, only mentally.

Unless you are talking about yourself, you should probably keep your opinion to yourself, since it's rather insulting....

Yeah, because beyond the entire offensive or not debate (which I really don't care about), youtube is such a treasure trove of knowledge and advancement. All videos on there are automatically scolarly interrogations on human condition completely factual and full of sense.
Such as one of my favorites, "Trump appointed by God to end the Luciferian Reign on Earth".
for those interested.

There's not one ounce of crazy there, fun for the whole family...

So yeah, keep 'em coming, it wonderfully and of course automatically emphasizes the logic of a point......

Didn't read much of this thread, do want to say something.

Did date a guy for two years that I wasn't attracted to nor did I find particularly attractive. Worst mistake ever. I hate to be the shallow person but, for me, looks do matter. I do have to be attracted to my SO.

And I really, really tried. I tried two years, but man, that "attraction comes with time", really didn't do it for me.

Rainbows said:

Did date a guy for two years that I wasn't attracted to nor did I find particularly attractive. Worst mistake ever. I hate to be the shallow person but, for me, looks do matter. I do have to be attracted to my SO.

And I really, really tried. I tried two years, but man, that "attraction comes with time", really didn't do it for me.

Attraction doesn't always come with time, no.  And two years is way too long to try to find that attraction.  But a date or two wouldn't hurt anyone.

TheRealCallie said:
Rainbows said:

Attraction doesn't always come with time, no.  And two years is way too long to try to find that attraction.  But a date or two wouldn't hurt anyone.

true

I personally like a nice face, a stable life and common interests over a hot bod, but im a bit older than you

Seahorse said:
I personally like a nice face...

Some of us don't have nice faces, in terms of bone structure, regardless of expression.

It would be a lot less depressing if you had prioritzed a hot body, least we have some control over that.

Xpendable said:
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][hide][/font]
Zz6jpIk.jpg
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/hide][/font]

I like Faith... But what was the point of this?

Not sure what the point of that is either. I don't care much for the guy, but the dog is adorable.

I'm quite sure that the point is that if you're good looking you can have 3 women to sleep with you in 15 minutes even without showing personality traits or sharing thoughts.

I don't see why we needed to be reminded of that though, as I'm sure everyone knows that already.

The world needs more Faith ;)

3 women in 15 minutes isn't really a good thing. Suggests 5 minutes each, well, 2 minutes each and 3 minutes in between for recovery. 2 minutes of action isn't really worth taking your socks off for, even with a pretty face

I hate to see any one getting demoralised over all this dating stuff. You can Google all day long and you will find complaints from both sexes of all ages and backgrounds about how awful it is. You can read all kinds of advice too. If I took the advice I read, I'm I should settle for a much older man who is less attractive than me.

...women like that?

I'm sorry, but Chad looks like a shitty *********. And you know, I could photoshop the pic, the profile and the comments in 20 minutes too, I doubt any of it isn't a montage people use.
I've known guys who've tried using dating websites in that way and wrote those kinds of profiles. Their usually the ones latter complaining that women won't pick you unless you look like a greek god, so I sure as hell wouldn't put much faith in it.Call it personal ego, but I'm much better looking than CHAD lol. I sure wouldn't use a puppy just to make the girls go "awww!" and I doubt girls would actually be that stupid. If they are...well I guess their folks didn't have the chat about accepting candy from strangers, eh? They deserve to be let down.

Seahorse said:
I hate to see any one getting demoralised over all this dating stuff. You can Google all day long and you will find complaints from both sexes of all ages and backgrounds about how awful it is. You can read all kinds of advice too. If I took the advice I read, I'm I should settle for a much older man who is less attractive than me.

Only if he's rich. :)

TheRealCallie said:
Seahorse said:

I've had plenty of opportunities like that, and I just couldn't go there. My last bF was only 5 years older than me, but looked older and people thought he was my dad when we went out.

Seahorse said:
TheRealCallie said:
Seahorse said:

I've had plenty of opportunities like that, and I just couldn't go there. My last bF was only 5 years older than me, but looked older and people thought he was my dad when we went out.

:D
To this day, I can't walk outside with my 59 year old mother, everyone thinks she's my gf lol.
The curse of looking young and beautiful has plagued my mother for a long time ;-)

Latest posts

Back