It's not fair

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Coldplayer234

It hurts seeing the kids at my high school with their buddies at all times, laughing, playing. I'm such an outsider, I don't meet the criteria of being anyone's best friend. I really want someone to connect to. I feel not appreciated. I hate this, it's not fair. It hurts not having that friend. I think about this everyday.

It's not your fault, I'd be willing to bet. Guys your age can be real jerks. They're prejudiced, naive, and will do whatever it takes to make others think they're cool and interesting, even if it means acting the fool or being an ass.

That being said, there are some generally fun, kind people in high school. Look for others like you, so called "outsiders" as you put it (i assure you, there are plenty). It's not that you don't fit the requirements to be a best friend, but rather, you just haven't found the right person yet. I guarantee you there are some fun, interesting, genuinely nice people your age out there, you just have to dig through the dirt to find them sometimes. Open up, be courageous and outgoing, and you can find the friends you crave.

Ero said:
It's not your fault, I'd be willing to bet. Guys your age can be real jerks. They're prejudiced, naive, and will do whatever it takes to make others think they're cool and interesting, even if it means acting the fool or being an ass.

That being said, there are some generally fun, kind people in high school. Look for others like you, so called "outsiders" as you put it (i assure you, there are plenty). It's not that you don't fit the requirements to be a best friend, but rather, you just haven't found the right person yet. I guarantee you there are some fun, interesting, genuinely nice people your age out there, you just have to dig through the dirt to find them sometimes. Open up, be courageous and outgoing, and you can find the friends you crave.
Thank you

I agree with Ero. You should certainly try to find friends. All though, I have been in your situation (and still am). So I know the pain your going through, and I know it's hard to 'look' for friends. Message me some time if you want to talk.

I feel like college is much more forgiving. Everyone has grown up a bit more and matured. Less petty drama and people acting like idiots, well...at least for the most part. High School kids can be pretty ruthless for no reason.

Kids at high school take their lessons there and use that as the basis for their life. I honestly think its the wrong way to set out in life. You should take your wonder of a child and use that to fuel whatever drives you. Then when you reach adulthood remember that wonder of a child but have the wit of an adult...

It's your adolescence where you're most prone to the influences that shape the rest of your life. Stand up and live for yourself, you'll find some cool people to hang out with. When you reach university/college you'll find better people there, for now though focus on yourself and do the things you want to do.

If you do it right, advertising may work for you. If you have the ability, get more shirts with music or television or movies you enjoy. A funny reference someone will get. I've found that to be a decent way of networking. .. also try to engage people in food places or banks if they seem to maybe fit your type.

But Outcast is right. Theres a lot of dumb drama and status requirement in highschool. Tenacious D told me, around that time in my life, to 'focus on my craft.' Sometimes i get lost in wikipedia, and its not something i feel bad about afterwards. But its always a great idea to get a head start on what you want to try and accomplish in the big picture.. Art, music, yeah, good outlets, but random research can be fun too. And maye you can make a career out of one of those things one day. And that will easily lead you to people you mesh with.

I wish you the best of luck. I'm 27 and I've had a first real girlfriend for 8 months now. Give it time, and dont do anything rash to jeopardize the future that's to come :)

Same here. It makes me both angry and sad seeing those kind of things.

Coldplayer234 said:
I'm such an outsider, I don't meet the criteria of being anyone's best friend.

I highly doubt this. Perhaps not where you are, or perhaps you're just not aware of how many outsiders there really are in this world. You'll find someone worth friendship in time. I'd rather be alone than to be around people with whom I have a falsified sense of friendship.

Latest posts

Back