Ladies, do you mean calling a guy as "cute" as a compliment?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ordinaryDude

Reaction score
Almost all my life, including yesterday, I've been told by many girls and ladies, "You are very cute!". So, I'm just wondering if it is meant as a compliment or something like as a "brotherly affection", like you find the guy as lovely as your brother would be for you.

What do you actually mean when you term a guy as being "cute"?

Yes, if I call a guy, 'cute', then it is meant as a compliment. As for whether that compliment is intended to convey attraction or a 'brotherly affection' would depend on the guy and the situation.

Hmm is she calling you cute just before sucking your dick? If so it's probably meant as attraction.

Otherwise probably brotherly or just platonic. I'm a guy so what do I know.

MissGuided said:
Yes, if I call a guy, 'cute', then it is meant as a compliment. As for whether that compliment is intended to convey attraction or a 'brotherly affection' would depend on the guy and the situation.

So, lemme explain you context.

So, I was at a charity event yesterday. I was with my friend, when a girl (I never met her before) came to talk to him regarding the organization of the event. They were doing something, and the girl suddenly asked to keep her expensive camera for a few moments. At that moment, I joked by telling her, "Oh yeah! I'd love to keep it forever!". She replied while smiling, "Normally, I'd scold you, but I won't because you are so cute!".

So, do you reckon it's a compliment which meant she's attracted to me as an opposite sex?

cute is cute (and it's a compliment) - as all compliments, it can mean everything and anything

Maybe it's my age but only girls were referred to as 'cute' in my day (the '70s/'80s), as in: she's sweet, cute or pretty.

Do guys want to be seen as cute though?

LonesomeDay said:
Maybe it's my age but only girls were referred to as 'cute' in my day (the '70s/'80s), as in: she's sweet, cute or pretty.

Well...guys want girls to get attracted to them...now if "cute" is the word girls use to express that attraction, I don't think they'd mind. I know, I won't mind.

LonesomeDay said:

Some of my Asian friends called the guys they found attractive "cute". So I don't mind. I consider it as being called "handsome" or "good looking".

I take it as a compliment. The last time someone said that to me was on Tuesday. I think it was some operating room nurse. I had no chance to respond because the next thing I knew I was waking up someplace else. ;)

kamya said:
Hmm is she calling you cute just before sucking your dick? If so it's probably meant as attraction.

Was saying this necessary?

Hopetracer said:
LonesomeDay said:

Some of my Asian friends called the guys they found attractive "cute". So I don't mind. I consider it as being called "handsome" or "good looking".
Well I'm from South Asia and the girl is either an Arab or a Turkish.

ordinaryDude said:
Well I'm from South Asia and the girl is either an Arab or a Turkish.

My friends are from East Asian countries like Korea and China. I am directly familiar with Turkish culture and never heard "cute" used for boys within the culture or language but people are getting influenced by other cultures and languages around the world more and more.

BeyondShy said:
kamya said:

Was it? How about ******* off? :) There i was minding my own business... or does this mean you want to talk to me again now?

Imo cute is a pretty emasculating compliment. I would never see it as someone being interested in more than just friends. Unless there is some overtly flirty physical or sexual body language to go with it.

ordinaryDude said:
LonesomeDay said:
[...]

Well...guys want girls to get attracted to them...now if "cute" is the word girls use to express that attraction, I don't think they'd mind. I know, I won't mind.

Yes, that puts it into perspective rather well. I can see that!

Hopetracer said:
LonesomeDay said:
[...]

I see, thanks for explaining!

Oddly enough I've been called cute before, but it always referred to my behavior, never anything physical. I get that guys don't really know what to think about it since girls also call animals, clothing and all other kinds of stuff cute. Pretty much in the same league as adorable.

The "diminishing aspect" is optional. Though you might wanna think about it twice what she's exactly referring to as cute and whether it happened before or after you pulled your pants down...since somebody had to start with the wiener talk. Timing is everything. Now wrap up your packages again and take them back home.

kamya said:
BeyondShy said:
kamya said:

Was it? How about ******* off? :) There i was minding my own business... or does this mean you want to talk to me again now?

What I mean is that there are ladies in here. Simple as that. And now you tell me to fresia off? I get it. I shouldn't have said anything.

BeyondShy said:
kamya said:
BeyondShy said:
kamya said:

What I mean is that there are ladies in here. Simple as that. And now you tell me to fresia off? I get it. I shouldn't have said anything.
You were right to point out that it was a vulgar thing to say.
Some people are just immature :)

ordinaryDude said:
Almost all my life, including yesterday, I've been told by many girls and ladies, "You are very cute!". So, I'm just wondering if it is meant as a compliment or something like as a "brotherly affection", like you find the guy as lovely as your brother would be for you.

What do you actually mean when you term a guy as being "cute"?

I would totally tell a guy who i find attractive that he is cute.

BeyondShy said:
What I mean is that there are ladies in here. Simple as that. And now you tell me to fresia off?

Well its a good thing the damsels have such classy gentlemen as yourself around to protect them from such vulgar language. May you be rewarded with many brownies.

MissGuided said:

^ Ditto.

Rodent said:
Oddly enough I've been called cute before, but it always referred to my behavior, never anything physical. I get that guys don't really know what to think about it since girls also call animals, clothing and all other kinds of stuff cute. Pretty much in the same league as adorable.

I've used "cute" to refer to behavior and appearance. I don't use words like "hot" or "sexy", so "cute" is pretty much the most any guy will get from me in that regard. If I want to compliment him further, I'll specify an attractive feature.

Latest posts

Back