Not man enough?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No šŸ˜‚ why would I want that? Would ruin the whole birth for me.
Iā€™m specifically talking about the moment itā€™s born. So precious and amazing. I cried for each of my girls if I remember rightly. I donā€™t mean bawling, just some tears of joy.

ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦..who didn't act like prissy little wimpy itchy-b's. . .

I'd venture to guess that the type of man you're visualizing here is meek, small stature, weak/not muscular, soft-spoken, effeminate, "girly". . .
Not necessarily small or soft spoken, and the way they act I wouldnā€™t even call girly. Itā€™s something else altogether. Women donā€™t act like the gays I get turned off by. All thatā€¦ā€¦.bah, I donā€™t want to go on about them.

Electric jar openers are for pansies. If it doesn't hurt to open the jar, you don't deserve what's inside.
This reminds me of a running gag I had with my girls over the years. My oldest was always tiny, rather skinny, not real physical, wheras the youngest is more tomboyish. There juice boxes called Oasis juice with a plastic screw on cap that the okdest could never get open. I kept testing her in the mornings saying "Hey, you aren't a real woman until you can unscrew those by yourself."
One mirning we're sitting at the table and she's fighting over one. My youngest walks up, was maybe 8 at the time, five years younger, grabs the juice box and in one swift move, unscrews the cap and tosses the seal.
I look at the oldest and go "Well look at that...your sister's a woman before you are" šŸ˜†
We laughed at it couple times over the years.

On our trip, we take away with us the complimentary cookies from the motel we stayed. Each packet is a sealed plastic wrap containing two cookies. It says in big writing along one edge ā€œtear hereā€. Blow me down I couldnā€™t tear that **** packet open no matter which way I tried. Had to use my teeth in the end. Give me a jar anytime lol

On our trip, we take away with us the complimentary cookies from the motel we stayed. Each packet is a sealed plastic wrap containing two cookies. It says in big writing along one edge ā€œtear hereā€. Blow me down I couldnā€™t tear that **** packet open no matter which way I tried. Had to use my teeth in the end. Give me a jar anytime lol
Well now...here I thought you were a REAL man. You don't use your teeth. You put that on the floor, stomp on it with your boot and eat the crumbs like a MAN. šŸ˜œ
Lol. I had to learn to use my teeth gingerly for that kind of thing, since I have dentures now. For someone who used to chew his nails, damned annoying lol

Well now...here I thought you were a REAL man. You don't use your teeth. You put that on the floor, stomp on it with your boot and eat the crumbs like a MAN. šŸ˜œ
Lol. I had to learn to use my teeth gingerly for that kind of thing, since I have dentures now. For someone who used to chew his nails, damned annoying lol
I donā€™t like using my teeth either. I hate the feeling my teeth give me when they clench something like that. And they wouldā€™ve been crumbs if my teeth didnā€™t work lol

Iā€™m specifically talking about the moment itā€™s born. So precious and amazing. I cried for each of my girls if I remember rightly. I donā€™t mean bawling, just some tears of joy.

Its not like I judge men that act like this, its just I dont like them for me. I think your partner was probably happy you cried my friend said if her fella doesn't cry on their wedding day shes not gonna marry him šŸ˜‚

I remember thinkingā€¦. Whyyyy would you want that? Maybe im weird but a man crying about anything is not something I wanna see ever.

Thats whats difficult, even my own father that is the gold standard of manhood shed a single tear for his mother passing, thats the only time I have ever seen him cry, ever. When he was dying I was freaking out, but he calmly counted with me on facetime, told me really important things just remarkable. I am in awe of that, I respect that.

Its not like I judge men that act like this, its just I dont like them for me. I think your partner was probably happy you cried my friend said if her fella doesn't cry on their wedding day shes not gonna marry him šŸ˜‚

I remember thinkingā€¦. Whyyyy would you want that? Maybe im weird but a man crying about anything is not something I wanna see ever.

Thats whats difficult, even my own father that is the gold standard of manhood shed a single tear for his mother passing, thats the only time I have ever seen him cry, ever. When he was dying I was freaking out, but he calmly counted with me on facetime, told me really important things just remarkable. I am in awe of that, I respect that.

A boyfriend/husband isn't going to see you the same way as a father would a daughter. It's a different type of relationship. Letting your guard down is inevitable with someone you see every day for years-decades. You'll need to get over the 'daddy issues' stumbling block because no man can meet this standard.

Last edited:
A boyfriend/husband isn't going to see you the same way as a father would a daughter. It's a different type of relationship. You'll need to get over the 'daddy issues' stumbling block because no-one can meet this standard.
Well my Rob is close but you knowā€¦ not perfect. Its not so much how he sees meā€¦ I just want someone as strong as my dad. Thats it. He cant have been the strongest man alive lol there has to be someone out there thats man enough to make me feel safe. Thats all I ask.

I feel as though I probably shouldn't do this; but, I checked this thread again, noticed the, 'suggestions,' at the bottom.

...I think a pattern is forming here @CenotaphGirl (heh)

...The search for the perfect man/woman/person/whatever will always end in failure.

We're all flawed.

The movie "Terminator 2" actually touched on the subject quite poignantly.

(Take it easy on us guys though, sheesh, lol) (We can't all be Bruce Wayne...) (And even Bruce Wayne couldn't be Bruce Wayne all the time)

It is a shame how women let men down so harshly and frequently some times; and vice versa.

Perhaps the real mistake is in putting so many eggs in one basket.

Perhaps we'd be better to make due with the person we are, rather than put our hopes in a savior/protector/partner/other-half/idealized future self.

I'm not even sure what I want in a partner anymore, much less being anything anywhere near capable of entertaining one.

I wouldn't mind a friend though. Ultimately, maybe that's all it's really about...

Attachments

• hmm_heh.jpg
    hmm_heh.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 0
I feel as though I probably shouldn't do this; but, I checked this thread again, noticed the, 'suggestions,' at the bottom.

...I think a pattern is forming here @CenotaphGirl (heh)

...The search for the perfect man/woman/person/whatever will always end in failure.

We're all flawed.

The movie "Terminator 2" actually touched on the subject quite poignantly.

(Take it easy on us guys though, sheesh, lol) (We can't all be Bruce Wayne...) (And even Bruce Wayne couldn't be Bruce Wayne all the time)

It is a shame how women let men down so harshly and frequently some times; and vice versa.

Perhaps the real mistake is in putting so many eggs in one basket.

Perhaps we'd be better to make due with the person we are, rather than put our hopes in a savior/protector/partner/other-half/idealized future self.

I'm not even sure what I want in a partner anymore, much less being anything anywhere near capable of entertaining one.

I wouldn't mind a friend though. Ultimately, maybe that's all it's really about...
I do have a theme, I like that you noticed šŸ˜… I think when I first joined here I touched on the same old things its interesting to me, however, men can say their fat wife isnt doing it for them on here and everyone understands them but if I say my fellas beta behaviour isnt doing it for me then im the reason men wanna be single and alone šŸ™ƒ

This is the thing I dont want you all to be Bruce Waynes I want all types of men to exist I just dont wanna date all of them šŸ˜… not sure why it always translates into me saying I think every man has to be X I really and truly and honestly mean romantically thats it, the rest of you I wish you happiness in all that you do.

Awh thankies youā€™re the only one, everyone else wants me to be fat ugly and alone butā€¦ I will always fly high šŸ˜‡šŸŽˆ
Ahem...cough...cough...
I believe someone said you are entitled to feel however you like?
:cool:

EDIT:
And for the record, I wish that NO female was fat or ugly. In a perfect world, you would all be petite 10/10s.
Who stop aging at 22.
And love introverts...
:p

Carpel tunnel in both wrists. I DO have that problem. Lol

That's honeysuckle. I'm sorry. I'll open them for you. šŸ˜”
My mother had to have corrective surgery for that when I was a kid.
Before she went on medical retirement, she worked in a salon doing fingernails.
So she got carpel tunnel from long hours of holding the electric drill.
A couple years after the surgery, she slipped and fell in a store and dislocated 5 of her lower spinal columns, which is why she's on medical retirement.

oh come on now. i don't think that's true. just some of what you say is provocative and raises hackles, but that doesn't mean bad is wished upon you.
guys if only I could screen shot my PMā€™s without getting banned šŸ‘€ please remember you cant see everything on here darlings. I can assure you I only speak the truth. Its the reason my posts have disclaimers lol

Ahem...cough...cough...
I believe someone said you are entitled to feel however you like?
:cool:

EDIT:
And for the record, I wish that NO female was fat or ugly. In a perfect world, you would all be petite 10/10s.
Who stop aging at 22.
And love introverts...
:p
Oh donttt making me feel old now, at least make the bar 25 šŸ˜‚

Oh donttt making me feel old now, at least make the bar 25 šŸ˜‚

Year Leo GIF

Latest posts

Back