online dating sites

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gnome3 said:
Putter, be real careful with the "out of country" sites. Russian, Filipino, etc... If she tells you that she loves you, you've got to wonder. Hell, she doesn't even know you except online. How could she love you? For her to even think about saying that she loves you would take you actually going there, and spending a week or two with her, and quite possibly a few trips.
Also, be wary of anyone who brings up a sick relative, no money for school or rent, etc... They would most likely be setting you up. They should NEVER ask for money. Most of these sites are full of scammers, and they all start out by calling you "darling".

I don't recall exactly which country you're in, but I would suggest (if you're going to try meeting someone from a different nationality) that you find her right in your own country. I did meet a Colombian woman on latinamericancupid dot com (several years back) who lived in New York, and we actually met in Orlando, Florida for a week-long vacation (I did require her to pay for her own round trip flight out there, and took care of everything else once we met). She spoke fairly good English. We had a good time, but that was the last I saw of her - hence, better to find someone local, as was mentioned in an earlier post. I can say, however, that it ended up being a fairly decent site when focusing on ONLY the women who already lived here in the USA. I think I paid about $100 for a year of access. I probably would have been better off going for the 3 month access plan instead.

Really, I don't recommend the international thing unless you go with a reputable site with actual match makers, but those cost quite a bit as I'm sure you already are aware.

Thanks.

I have done some research on russian scammers. So I know a few of the tricks. I was in contact with this other woman. She started going on about buying her mother a washing machine. When I said I was poor and wasn't going to buy it for her, she said goodbye saying I lied. I wasn't much bothered about her.

This one I do like her better and she is more my age. I am suspicious of course. She hasn't said she loves me. Today in her email she said she wanted me to stroke her hair and give her a cuddle. That's as far as it as gone. I do say a few things back but nothing sexual.

I joined the dating site about 3 weeks ago and sent 50 messages. None of the English women have even replied to me. Women have viewed by profile and not written anything. People at work are saying 'why are you messing about with foreigners ?' - they don't understand. English women are not interested. Never have been. I wish they would be but they aren't.

I am waiting for her to mention money / granny is sick / whatever but she hasn't yet. I'm from England by the way.

Huh. Very good. I've had the pleasure of visiting your country, but pretty much stayed in the London area. I did make it a point to go to Stonehenge. There are many Pakistanis there. I enjoyed the Indian restaurants too. I hear that there are some Croatians there as well.
Hang in there, and maybe try to focus on someone living close by if you can. I know that it's a tough thing, though. Not easy shopping, for sure.

thanks, never been to London in years. Up north we are very different. This russian lady isn't massively on my mind, it's just a nice distraction I guess.

fresia online dating websites. I've tried many sites and haven't got anywhere with any of them. That's all just a waste of time.

putter65 said:
thanks, never been to London in years. Up north we are very different. This russian lady isn't massively on my mind, it's just a nice distraction I guess.
Yes, I'm sure she is, and there's certainly nothing wrong with testing the waters a little. There is a (russiancupid dot com) I found on a google search. Don't know if that's really the site for those in England, but you may find a few that are living in England already. I think that you could try going to that site, and look without any charge.
Bottom line: Best to find someone that is of (your) culture if possible, but who's really to say? There are probably many men who have success stories involving those with nationalities other than their own.

Well I joined this dating site, wrote a profile and posted a half decent photo on there. I've written many messages, winked at loads of women. I've not heard a thing. I've been contacted by at least 3 russian women now. They leave yahoo e mail addresses in their profiles. So when I wrote a letter to them I got emails and photo's back. The difference is massive. I'm only writing to the one russian lady. She looks and sounds a lovely woman. I wish she was closer ! I am writing romantic things in my emails, I thought why not ?

I've not heard from her today. I guess she could disapear any moment.

I am really just using this to forget about this woman I was seeing before xmas.

I've always had mixed feeling about online dating sites. On one hand sometimes they can help you find someone and some people do get success stories from them, but on the other hand, people do put a lot of money into them and end up with little to no results whatsoever.

I kind of like to think of the whole internet as a kind of dating site. You do what you normally do or is interested in, meet people, do stuff together, share interests then expand from there. I met my 5 year long now ex from just a simple mmo. We both was into games, liked the anime-like style of it, and everything just went from there. I'd much rather just get involved with stuff I like to normally do then get lucky and find someone who is obviously into similar things I am then pay a monthly fee and pray you get something before you have to pay again.

I see this like fishing. With the dating site you solely focus on getting a partner and if you do not get what you want you just get disappointed over it and waste your time. But if you just use the internet how you normally do and visit and join areas you enjoy, you get to have fun and make the most of whatever you do by doing what you want and if a potential partner shows up from it it's just a bonus.

I like face to boobs interactions better.
sarah26.jpg

She sings...
IMG_20120602_031911-2.jpg

She dances...
[youtube]S0l9uEBLd1I[/youtube]

You gatta love the girl nextdoor. Something I can put my hands on and sink my teeth into.
I guess i should be grateful. I dont always need to take evasive measures to have some sweetness in my life.

They've worked for me, it depends what site you're on really.
I met a few people and even had a 10 month relationship from a dating site for people with mental illness. I find the folks from that type of site are more understanding but the down side is, they aren't as populated as most dating sites.

I only paid for a month and I'm not going to pay any more. I swapped a few messages with this woman last night, I gave her my email address but I bet she doesn't write back.

I've had this all my life, I hear women complain about men. They say there are no men about, no nice men, no decent men, all they want is a men who doesn't cheat etc, etc, blah, blah, blah - yet when I show interest - Im not good enough for these women.

But whatever, I'm used to it so it hardly bothers me.

putter65 said:
I only paid for a month and I'm not going to pay any more. I swapped a few messages with this woman last night, I gave her my email address but I bet she doesn't write back.

I've had this all my life, I hear women complain about men. They say there are no men about, no nice men, no decent men, all they want is a men who doesn't cheat etc, etc, blah, blah, blah - yet when I show interest - Im not good enough for these women.

Maybe women thinks you're not completely truthful or forth coming?? Idk, dude.
Not all women tell me stupid honeysuckle like that....

CG and I butted heads at first. She's rather fiesty.lol
She had her troubles with men and relationship as a lot of people on this forum dose.
But she and i became friends after a while.She's really a wonderful person once you get to know her.
Then one day I manage to convince her to show a picture of her. She's hawt...man.lol
I got honest and had the nerves to asked her :p
She got honest with me. She was flattered. She also has her taste in men.lol
In other words CG likes very handsome good looking dudes.

Never the less She did gave me very good advice.
She told me...Id be better off to hit on women locally in my area if i wanted results and odds in my favor.
CG is straight up like. Certain qualities in a woman that turns me on. Honest and forth coming. No head games.
She's very intelligent, thoughtful, caring, kind and far...far...far from being shallow.

No, Im not used to getting rejected. Id be lying if I say it dosnt bother me or just feeling sorry for myself.
I do manage to end up with a pretty girl oneway or the other. it's straight up like that with me too.

Sarah dosnt tell me stupid honeysuckle like that. It's basic eithic, common sence or healthy relationship
if we decide to take whatever it is we have to the next level or get involved...involved.
Sarah might only 24..It is this that she find distastful or a trun off.
She dosnt like little boys no matter what age they are.

I also met serveral people on here that helped me through a lot stuff becuase I was a bit foggy.
One major factor that changed my life. The things these people told wasnt what I wanted to hear.
They were my freinds and cared very much for me. Honest and forth coming.
STOPPED PLAYING THE MOTHER FUCKEN VICTIM....

Idk about u...but I rather have people tell me straight up what's up....
than to have people cheering me on telling me I'll be alright,
Just keep doing what Im doing when Im sinking fucken in quicksand.

A wise man learns from his own mistakes.
A fucken Genius learns from other people's mistakes.

Lonesome Crow said:
putter65 said:

Maybe women thinks you're not completely truthful or forth coming?? Idk, dude.
Not all women tell me stupid honeysuckle like that....

CG and I butted heads at first. She's rather fiesty.lol
She had her troubles with men and relationship as a lot of people on this forum dose.
But she and i became friends after a while.She's really a wonderful person once you get to know her.
Then one day I manage to convince her to show a picture of her. She's hawt...man.lol
I got honest and had the nerves to asked her :p
She got honest with me. She was flattered. She also has her taste in men.lol
In other words CG likes very handsome good looking dudes.

Never the less She did gave me very good advice.
She told me...Id be better off to hit on women locally in my area if i wanted results and odds in my favor.
CG is straight up like. Certain qualities in a woman that turns me on. Honest and forth coming. No head games.
She's very intelligent, thoughtful, caring, kind and far...far...far from being shallow.

No, Im not used to getting rejected. Id be lying if I say it dosnt bother me or just feeling sorry for myself.
I do manage to end up with a pretty girl oneway or the other. it's straight up like that with me too.

Sarah dosnt tell me stupid honeysuckle like that. It's basic eithic, common sence or healthy relationship
if we decide to take whatever it is we have to the next level or get involved...involved.
Sarah might only 24..It is this that she find distastful or a trun off.
She dosnt like little boys no matter what age they are.

I also met serveral people on here that helped me through a lot stuff becuase I was a bit foggy.
One major factor that changed my life. The things these people told wasnt what I wanted to hear.
They were my freinds and cared very much for me. Honest and forth coming.
STOPPED PLAYING THE MOTHER FUCKEN VICTIM....

I like you and your posts and I know you try to help people on here.

But .. women clearly like you so you've never really been in my shoes.

I think women are looking for red flags and when they see I'm 44 and never had a serious relationship they think there must be something wrong with me.

FFS Putter im 45....

Not all women likes me.
Only the hawt pretty women
Likes me :p

Lonesome Crow said:
FFS Putter im 45....

Not all women likes me.

that's not what I meant

Your 45 and had tons of women
I'm 44 and had hardly any

Women are bound to think : What's up with him ?

Putter, I don't think that I would worry about that aspect of it (re: the # of women you've been with). Really, I would think that most guys who've been with a ton of women don't advertise it. I certainly don't, and I'm probably not going to tell anyone just how many that's been (plus or minus). There are lots of guys out there who married their 1st or 2nd loves, have average experience when it comes to women, and are far more attractive because of it.
Secondly, looks aren't the only factor involved. Just take a look around, and you'll find a perceived, nice looking person holding hands with a perceived, not-so-nice looking person. I'm talking both sexes. I truly believe that there's someone out there for almost everyone - hence the saying, "Beauty is only skin-deep, ugly is to the bone".

** One thing I've noticed about this thread is that I'm not really seeing any comments or replies from the many women here. There's no doubt in my mind that tons of women are watching this thread, but for one reason or another have opted not to participate. This is a real problem here. We're not screwing around here, and are honestly seeking answers to a serious situation that Putter has brought forth. Any & all input from the female gender would be of great value. Maybe it's due to fear of being bashed or something. Who really knows?

putter65 said:
Lonesome Crow said:
FFS Putter im 45....

Not all women likes me.

that's not what I meant

Your 45 and had tons of women
I'm 44 and had hardly any

Women are bound to think : What's up with him ?

How do you women know u havnt been in relationships?
Do you have a t-shirt that say "hardly any"

First and formost...Im not going to date any of the women from
this site. Maybe a especific person that happens to be a member
that will pop in from time to time or scan through my honeysuckle.
It is what is what it is...wherever the chip may fall.
Only a couple of people in my life knows I use this site.
They have my passwords and have access to most if not all of my internet accounts...
F it....I have nothing to hide. She loves or she dosnt.

Second, it's why Im not like fly on honeysuckle like the rest of the dudes
that has something to hide or right sweet stupid honeysuckle
with sometype of reputation to withheld.
And hit up on every chicks that comes on here.
There's a pattern to such behaviors, no doupt about that.

Third..the women arnt so stupid nor innocent.

4th..no one knows in my real life exactly how many women ive been with or havnt been with.
Its common sense to not talk about stuff like that.

gnome3 said:
Putter, I don't think that I would worry about that aspect of it (re: the # of women you've been with). Really, I would think that most guys who've been with a ton of women don't advertise it. I certainly don't, and I'm probably not going to tell anyone just how many that's been (plus or minus). There are lots of guys out there who married their 1st or 2nd loves, have average experience when it comes to women, and are far more attractive because of it.
Secondly, looks aren't the only factor involved. Just take a look around, and you'll find a perceived, nice looking person holding hands with a perceived, not-so-nice looking person. I'm talking both sexes. I truly believe that there's someone out there for almost everyone - hence the saying, "Beauty is only skin-deep, ugly is to the bone".

** One thing I've noticed about this thread is that I'm not really seeing any comments or replies from the many women here. There's no doubt in my mind that tons of women are watching this thread, but for one reason or another have opted not to participate. This is a real problem here. We're not screwing around here, and are honestly seeking answers to a serious situation that Putter has brought forth. Any & all input from the female gender would be of great value. Maybe it's due to fear of being bashed or something. Who really knows?

I'm not that worried. The dating site was experiment, didn't cost me much. I won't continue with it. It's not been a total waste. I have my russian friend. Whatever comes out of that I don't know. But it is nice to receive a letter every day saying nice things.

I went out on a 1st date with someone from a dating website yesterday. WooHoo!
She agreed we should meet up again sometimes and do something else. WooHoo!
This morning I got an e-mail from her. WooHoo!

She said I am not a fit for her so I need to keep looking.

It's a fricken broken record.

Well, I met a Lilly a week ago when I went to LA.
She asked me for my number after we chit chatted. She's 27.
She actaully called me today and say she wants to go hang out and party with me.
We'll see how that gose...Gotta make room in my cell for pics and vedios just incase.
Its like a fuckery broken record for me....

Idk what kind of vibe I was giving out becuase Lilly was the one that approched me.
Like I said, Im 45. I was actaully kind of rouage looking. I was up for 2 days wearing
the same clothe and a hoodie. My hair was messy as fresia and i looked kind of wornout
from the reflections i saw from windows. I didnt even bother using body spray to smell
good. I was in a sort of f-it easy going kind of mood. I wasnt really expecting to
meet a girl. This is a broken record of how i meet women or a pattern for me.
Just as I never expected to meet Sarah.

My life is a little bit messy at the moment. I do try to think and FEEL positive
inspite of it all. A long lasting relationship with someone i love very much
remains elusive. A fucken broken record on this front as well.

IDk dude....wheather it's fate.
How I view life, myself and women plays a role....

Well, Lilly isnt a super model but she has a pretty face, nice tits and ass.
She can look stundingly Hot if she wears appropriate clothing.
She's young with a hard body,wanna party and fresia.
She's not a little girl nor a princesss. She's a badgirl that's sweet to me.
she's not looking for love. Im no saint nor a millionair. Its straight up like that.
She's not playing a victim nor am I.

Personalities/behaviors come and go....If you get hang up on the honeysuckle...you're really really fucken shallow.
Havnt you figure it out yet????
EXPECTATIONS....what dose this refer too???
Mother fucken people dont always act right or the way you think they should???

blackdot said:
I went out on a 1st date with someone from a dating website yesterday. WooHoo!
She agreed we should meet up again sometimes and do something else. WooHoo!
This morning I got an e-mail from her. WooHoo!
She said I am not a fit for her so I need to keep looking.
It's a fricken broken record.

Well, that's too bad. At least you went out with her though. A little bit of company. It's a crazy game sometimes - a ongoing scenario that seems to never end for some. It's enough to drive some to an a-sexual lifestyle, for sure. Is it really worth the hassle? I suppose so.

Latest posts

Back