So it turns out that all us guys are like Pokemanz(a dating analogy)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Code S.O.L

Reaction score
Whilst reading a thread on one of many forums I frequent, someone made a very interesting analogy on why women choose to date losers/jerks/your choice of derogative choice of stereotype.

Women rather be around someone who's not perfect, so they can change him, improve him. They fall in love with the potential of having a man with certain qualities if they remove all the flaws ... which is a stupid concept in itself, because they don't love the man, they just love the possibility of that man being better because of her, which women enjoy.

It's like training a powerful pokémans. If you already got a Lv 100 all stats maxed out, where's the fun in that? You want to level up your Magikarp to Lv. 20 one way or another until you get a Gyarados. BUT BEWARE! DO YOU HAVE THE PROPER BADGE TO BE ABLE TO RULE OVER A 20+ POKEMAN? Yeah, didn't think so.

So it begs the question. What level pokemanz are we in relation to this analogy?

Funny analogy that guy has there, but it's Pokemon (which I believe is the same spelling for singular and plural). Never heard pokemanz before, sounds like something a parent would say trying to be hip and embarrassing their kids. I'd like to see someone make a list of some of the different Pokemon and which male stereotype they fit in to. That would be fun. Anyone know enough about them to do that?

I think it's similar with men's attraction to the ''damsel in distress'' type of women. Where it has some amount of truth, finding someone to love who happens to love you as well, is not something that has set of rules or explanations. Sometimes, it just happens or sometimes, it doesn't.

Women hope to change men.
Men hppe women dont change.

I heard this before.
I dont believe its true for everyone.

Charizard___21_of_30__by_Ununununium.jpg
:p

Code S.O.L said:
Whilst reading a thread on one of many forums I frequent, someone made a very interesting analogy on why women choose to date losers/jerks/your choice of derogative choice of stereotype.

Women rather be around someone who's not perfect, so they can change him, improve him. They fall in love with the potential of having a man with certain qualities if they remove all the flaws ... which is a stupid concept in itself, because they don't love the man, they just love the possibility of that man being better because of her, which women enjoy.
Which is why the majority of my relationships don't last. I change only when I feel it is necessary. And I don't like being controlled.

Thankfully, not all women are like this.

You are not a loser BD. You're just fishing in the wrong spot and using too much dynamite.

I think the theory only works with certain combinations of qualities and traits in guys, most likely. I also highly doubt it's predicated on the philosophy of "gotta catch 'em all!"

I like this analogy.

Eventually they will realize that trying to "level up" something that does not care will take forever and is just a waste of time. That's when we, knights in shining armor ride in.

Having a King or Queen (and I mean the traditional kind) is no fun. No one is perfect anyway, we all need leveling up. The problem comes in when someone can't accept some stats will never change. Like Ash's Pikachu, that thing has never leveled up, he doesn't want to and there is nothing wrong with the way he is. He still can kick butt.

Man I know way more than I'd like to about Pokemon, and the guy who wrote that analogy knows very little.

@ suckaG, LMAO! Good one.

Ak5 said:
I like this analogy.

Eventually they will realize that trying to "level up" something that does not care will take forever and is just a waste of time. That's when we, knights in shining armor ride in.

Yea but then the knight in shining armor becomes blinded by their own reflection, the damsel stressed no more regains her no longer teary eyed vision and sets out to find another warrior in rusty armor who is in training hoping to polish the armor to shine once more, rinse and repeat....

suckaG said:
I think the theory only works with certain combinations of qualities and traits in guys, most likely. I also highly doubt it's predicated on the philosophy of "gotta catch 'em all!"

For some women it is.

Latest posts

Back