what was the last movie you saw?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ABC-Queen-Marie-of-Romania-2019-002.jpg

Queen Marie of Romania (2019)

""Devastated by the First World War and plunged into political controversy, Romania's every hope accompanies its queen
on her mission to Paris to lobby for international recognition of its great unification at the 1919 peace talks."" IMDB

ABC-Queen-Marie-of-Romania-2019-004-Roxana-Lupu.jpg

Roxana Lupu

MEO331P_o.jpg

ABC-Queen-Marie-of-Romania-2019-034-Patrick-Drury.jpg

Patrick Drury

Body and Soul 1947 American film noir sports drama directed by Robert Rossen, and features John Garfield, Lilli Palmer, Hazel Brooks, Anne Revere and William Conrad. The film, written by Abraham Polonsky with cinematography by James Wong Howe, is considered by some to be high among the best films about boxing. It is also a cautionary tale about the lure of money and how it can derail even a strong man in his pursuit of success.

body and soul 1947.jpg

Last edited:
I watched The Flash on HBO last night.
I am not a big comic book movie guy, but I thought it was pretty good. The guy who plays "The Flash" is funny in a nerdy, neurotic kind of way.

It bombed at the box office though. Read that it cost the studio about $200M is losses.

I watched The Flash on HBO last night.
I am not a big comic book movie guy, but I thought it was pretty good. The guy who plays "The Flash" is funny in a nerdy, neurotic kind of way.

It bombed at the box office though. Read that it cost the studio about $200M is losses.
Yup. Biggest Box Office Bomb in WB history, from what I read.
Michael Keaton 's Batman, though...
*Nerdgasm*

His Kind of Woman 1951 Robert Mitchum (34), Jane Russell (30). Not Bad. Vincent Price is a laugh riot.

American black-and-white Film Noir, starring Robert Mitchum and Jane Russell. The film features supporting performances by Vincent Price, Raymond Burr and Charles McGraw. The direction of the film, which was based on the unpublished story "Star Sapphie" by Gerald Drayson, is credited to John Farrow.

After Farrow had turned in what he thought was the finished film, RKO studio boss Howard Hughes intervened and caused extensive re-writes, re-casting, and re-shooting under the supervision of Richard Fleischer, whom Hughes coerced into cooperation by threatening not to release The Narrow Margin, a film that Fleischer had just finished for RKO. This post-production process took a great deal of time and money, costing about the same amount – $850,000 – as the film lost at the box office in its initial release.

his kind of woman 1951 b.jpg MV5BMTQzMjE2ODg3Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDMxMjYyNw@@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:
Odd Man Out 1947 Good quality. James Mason is always good.

British film NOlR directed by Carol Reed, and starring James Mason, Robert Newton, Cyril Cusack, and Kathleen Ryan. Set in a Northern Irish city, it follows a wounded Nationalist leader who attempts to evade police in the aftermath of a robbery. It is based on the 1945 novel of the same name by F. L. Green.

The film received the first BAFTA Award for Best British Film, and was also nominated for the Academy Award for Best Film Editing. Filmmaker Roman Polanski repeatedly cited Odd Man Out as his favourite film.

odd man out 1947.jpg

Last edited:
AAAA-Van-Diemen-s-Land-2009-001-Title.jpg

Van Diemen's Land (2009)

Tells the story of Alexander Pearce and his escape from Macquarie Harbour Australia.
It has some great shots of Tasmania taken at Lake Binney, Pine Tier Lagoon, Bronte Park,
and Wild Rivers National Park, Tasmania.

Except for a printed line, it did leave out one of my favorite parts of the story.
When Pearce confessed, it was though that he just made up a crazy story to cover
for the other missing prisoners who they thought were probably still living in the bush.

AAAA-Van-Diemen-s-Land-2009-012.jpg

MEO7HA9_o.jpg

AAAA-Van-Diemen-s-Land-2009-030-Arthur-Angel-Oscar-Redding-Paul-Ashcrof-Thomas-M-Wright-Torqu.jpg

Arthur Angel, Oscar Redding, Paul Ashcrof, Thomas M. Wright, Torquil Neilson [no order]

LOL I couldn't take more than 20 minutes.

Somehow that reminds me of a scene in 'The Creep Behind the Camera' (2014) about the making of the movie 'The Creeping Terror' (1964) where they are trying to get the announcers name so they can put it in the movie credits.

Creep-Behind-the-Camera-The-2014-007-Glenn-Thayer-as-Larry-Burell.jpg

Somehow that reminds me of a scene in 'The Creep Behind the Camera' (2014) about the making of the movie 'The Creeping Terror' (1964) where they are trying to get the announcers name so they can put it in the movie credits.

Creep-Behind-the-Camera-The-2014-007-Glenn-Thayer-as-Larry-Burell.jpg
and that reminds me of a conversation i just had the weekend before last with an audio tech who had the same deb ball gig i was videoing some ten years ago or so, and because some of the organisers had messed with his stuff he asked me not to credit him as he didn't want to look bad. i asked him if I remembered to do that, and he said i did, so phew lol.

House of the Damned 1963 Only an hour long. Acting isn't that crash hot.

An architect and his wife are staying in an empty castle in California. They are joined by an unhappily married lawyer and his wife. Things start getting strange when they spot a half man/half beast prowling around the house and keep seeing a headless woman wandering the grounds

houseofthedamed1963b.jpg

Last edited:
Shock 1946 Vincent Price acting well again

American film noir directed by Alfred L. Werker and starring Vincent Price, Lynn Bari and Frank Latimore.

It was originally intended as a "B" movie but the initial audience response to the film was so positive that the studio, 20th Century Fox, chose to reissue the movie as an "A" despite the fact that the running time is only approximately seventy minutes.

shock1946a.jpg

Last edited:
The Fat Man 1951 with Rock Hudson, but not in a major way. Singer Julie London is in it. I like her music.

American film noir crime film directed by William Castle. It is based on a radio drama of the same name and the cast includes Rock Hudson, Julie London and J. Scott Smart.

thefatman1951.jpg

Last edited:
Moonrise 1948 American film noir crime film directed by Frank Borzage starring Dane Clark, Lloyd Bridges, Gail Russell and Ethel Barrymore. It is based on the novel of the same name by Theodore Strauss. Actor Harry Carey was born in 1879!

moonrise 1948 b.jpg Harry Carey 1879.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back