Christmas Card Exchange 2016!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
user 130057 said:
beautiful loser said:
And to Anonymous, I received your card, but there was nothing at all inside of it..LOL  Not a Merry Christmas or a F*** You, Jerk..haha.  But the card was actually very nice.  Oh well, I guess I didn't mean much to that person :D  :p  I kid, I kid.

Oh God, what does it look like? That's sounds like the kind of potato thing I'd do...

I sent out 11 cards to people from all, but there are 5 of them that I have no idea if they've arrived at their destination. They would be to:

Eve
LadyF
Breaking The Girl
Ringwood

and... Um... Beautiful Loser? Eeek.

If you guys have received them, could you please let me know?

I've only received from Teresa and Bad Guy so far. 
Most of the ones I sent haven't been received (that I'm aware of) either. 
I mailed mine a good while back. Two weeks maybe. 
user 130057 received mine, but no mention of the other cards I sent to the U.K.  
One card arrived very quickly to Romania, but the other is thus far a no-show. 
I don't think any I sent to Canada have arrived yet. And several right here in the US unless some have received them and not posted here. 
I don't know why the descrepancies with the mail. I took every one I sent directly to the post office for postage and left them with the clerk. 
I'm hoping they are just delayed. Of course I sent one to Lady F a couple of years back and I don't think it EVER arrived. It's worrisome.

beautiful loser said:
^ user 130057, it has two stockings on the front and printed on both of them is the first line from "Twas the night before Christmas."  The stockings were raised above the card with thick double sided tape.  I thought it might have been written with lemon juice and it was a secret note...but alas, holding it up to a light bulb showed nothing...lol :p

If it's yours, user 130057, it's no big deal at all.  It happens....I'll just write something in it ;)

I'm not confirming or denying it's mine or anything... but I do get the feeling that I should be wishing you a REALLY Happy Christmas.

Is it square and came in an envelope that had a coloured printed border? That would confirm that it's definitely mine... I'm already pretty sure. :club:

^ That describes it, user 130057...square card, square red envelope with small cream colored flowers all over it.  Postal stamp says "Carlisle Mail Centre."  Again, if it's yours, no biggie.  ****, and here I thought I had a secret admirer :(

beautiful loser said:
^ That describes it, user 130057...square card, square red envelope with small cream colored flowers all over it.  Postal stamp says "Carlisle Mail Centre."  Again, if it's yours, no biggie.  ****, and here I thought I had a secret admirer :(

Yeah, it's definitely mine. :(

I remember writing the card, but there was a spare one left over. I guess I've mailed the bloody spare one... :rolleyes:

EveWasFramed said:
user 130057 said:
beautiful loser said:
And to Anonymous, I received your card, but there was nothing at all inside of it..LOL  Not a Merry Christmas or a F*** You, Jerk..haha.  But the card was actually very nice.  Oh well, I guess I didn't mean much to that person :D  :p  I kid, I kid.

Oh God, what does it look like? That's sounds like the kind of potato thing I'd do...

I sent out 11 cards to people from all, but there are 5 of them that I have no idea if they've arrived at their destination. They would be to:

Eve
LadyF
Breaking The Girl
Ringwood

I don't think any I sent to Canada have arrived yet. And several right here in the US unless some have received them and not posted here. 
I don't know why the descrepancies with the mail. I took every one I sent directly to the post office for postage and left them with the clerk. 
I'm hoping they are just delayed. Of course I sent one to Lady F a couple of years back and I don't think it EVER arrived. It's worrisome.

A happy mailbox today! Cards from user 130057 (and no worries...there was writing in it. 😜😆) and Pathfinder. Thanks, made my day on a very snowy day here. Almost a foot of snow fell overnight, yahoo!! 😀 Now it really feels like Christmas - but very cold too, -26 C tonight.
And Eve...I did get your card last week, I know I posted here, it must've got missed. Thanks!

ringwood said:
EveWasFramed said:
user 130057 said:
beautiful loser said:

Eve
LadyF
Breaking The Girl
Ringwood

A happy mailbox today! Cards from user 130057 (and no worries...there was writing in it. 😜😆) and Pathfinder. Thanks, made my day on a very snowy day here. Almost a foot of snow fell overnight, yahoo!! 😀 Now it really feels like Christmas - but very cold too, -26 C tonight.
And Eve...I did get your card last week, I know I posted here, it must've got missed. Thanks!
I waited a little bit on the ones that did not have to go over the pond ---hoping it would be a December arrival ::D so glad you received it happy Ho Ho Ho :D

Got ringwood`s card today. Thank you so much, loved the recipe inside. And the message was just perfect. <3

So far I got cards from UK and Canada and mine got to UK. Nothing from the US in sight, guess they make a world detour, lol.

BG - received your card today! Such a cute pooch! Thanks for the personal touch :D

I mailed mine (except two) 22 days ago. One in Scotland was received in addition to the ones posted here.
I may mail you another one, Zero. I can't understand how the one arrived so quickly and the other is MIA.
:(

EveWasFramed said:
I mailed mine (except two) 22 days ago. One in Scotland was received in addition to the ones posted here.
I may mail you another one, Zero. I can't understand how the one arrived so quickly and the other is MIA.
:(

I read a study on the delivery rates of the postal services of different countries and you'd be horrified by some of the statistics. I know the US was somewhere near the bottom for reliability. I imagine that the increased volume experienced at this time of the year only serves to worsen delivery times and lost mail.

I'm still waiting for 3 cards... 2 from the US, 1 From Singapore.
I'm still waiting for 4 cards to arrive...3 to the US and 1 to Singapore.

Anything to or from Canada/Europe seems to be entirely reliable for me - 5 days maximum either way. Anything to the US seems to be a crapshoot. It could be 3 days, could be 3 weeks... could be never. Sending important documents to the US during my divorce was hysterical. Everything was fine until they were handed over to the USPS for the final delivery and then I watched it get sent halfway around America and back for 21 days before it finally got delivered 6 miles from where it started...

I received Teresa's card this morning, so there's still hope on the US mail.

Thanks, Teresa! PS. You're now added to my naughty list along with LadyF - I'm still finding bits of glitter stuck to me from the card she sent 2 years ago! :club: :D

Serephina said:
I really wish I had put my name down for this.

PM me your address .. I will mail it tomorrow. .. I am sure it will make it
I am Canadian .... I believe

BadGuy said:
Serephina said:
I really wish I had put my name down for this.

PM me your address .. I will mail it tomorrow. .. I am sure it will make it
I am Canadian .... I believe

I am Canadian. . . I believe. Haha, that's awesome! Great quote, I'll have to remember that one. 😊

Latest posts

Back