Dating websites - do they work ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
soresoul said:
Out of curiosity I asked my daughter if she got plagued with dick pics? She told me maybe twice but she got more messages of girls showing off their breast asking them their opinion about them. She keeps thinking ladies talk about anything and everything among ladies but she's not that way. She always says you might want to ask your doctor than blocks them.

Those are probably 90% guys hoping to get a response asking the same thing, I remember a few years back here in The Netherlands some pervs set up a breast cancer awareness twitter feed with some fake profiles of women going topless in support, only to get others to follow...

It's realy quite amazing what a horny young mind is capable off!

MisterLonely said:
soresoul said:
Out of curiosity I asked my daughter if she got plagued with dick pics? She told me maybe twice but she got more messages of girls showing off their breast asking them their opinion about them. She keeps thinking ladies talk about anything and everything among ladies but she's not that way. She always says you might want to ask your doctor than blocks them.

Those are probably 90% guys hoping to get a response asking the same thing, I remember a few years back here in The Netherlands some pervs set up a breast cancer awareness twitter feed with some fake profiles of women going topless in support, only to get others to follow...

It's realy quite amazing what a horny young mind is capable off!

Sorry, but that's kinda brilliant. haha

yes they do only if you are looking for sex.
but if you are one serious person looking for forever. forget it!!. Men are looking for sex and perhapd some women as well.

It seems most people on the online dating are people who are looking for a ready made gratification. Or people wanting to escape their unhapoy situation

No, dating websites don't work and probably will not work for me. :(

If you've read one of my recent threads that I've posted, I have been a member....and PAYING member, of Match.com for about three weeks, and little to no luck with response from women so far.

My only luck was receiving a response from one female member. Well, I thought I was going to meet a nice chick and after exchanging email messages for a while, we finally decided on meeting up for coffee.

We met up at the coffee shop as promised. Well, let's just say that her profile picture was not really representing her true body. She was a little thicker than what was shown in the photo. I liked her personality, so we continued to text message for a while.

We then decided to meet up again for dinner. We had dinner together, but that night was shitty because I was stuck in traffic. I arrived at the restaurant 5 minutes late, but informed her prior to arrival, that I was stuck in traffic and was going to be late. I am guessing she was not too happy with that.
she decided to split our receipt that night, and she paid for her own dinner and I paid for my own dinner.
The day after we had dinner together, I texted her, asking her how her day was going. She didn't even respond at all! Hence, I jumped to conclusion that she didn't like me, or thinks differently of me after meeting me the 2nd time for dinner.

I'm starting to lose hope with finding the right one, and hate to think of myself dying alone, and living a shitty life after my parents pass away.

*shrugs shoulder*

Paraiyar said:
GrayAndLonesome said:
All these dating websites and dating apps on smart phone are plain garbage.

I could not even get ONE freaking response when I was using both the Tinder and Bagel Meets Coffee (BMC) dating apps.

Well, ..I take that back.
I got one response on BMC, and the girl was a pediatrician - a good match since I'm also in the health field. But man! She was kind of obese, and face-wise, not really a looker. This was back when I was living in my home state. Now, I've tried Tinder, and people here where I'm living are racist, so they don't respond to any of my comments / personal messages.

I'm white in a predominantly white area and didn't get many responses on Tinder either and I know other guys with the same problem. It might not have been to do with race in your case.

Eh, I forgot about my old old postings.

But you have to be kidding me that race does not play a factor in internet/online dating.

In fact, you are better off being a white or black male (maybe) when it comes to receiving responses from women, than being in my racial and sex category.

You don't believe me? Read these articles I've posted below and see how I'm affected.

E harmony article

blackdot said:
Other than Match.com, none of the other pay sites led to me meeting anyone. Match and POF were great at getting people to at least meet once. I joined OKCupid too late in life to get any responses there but it would have most likely have been just as good in my early-mid 30's.

match.com is a joke! I have been a PAYING member of this particular dating site for the last 3 weeks. They ask you for so much money for different features. One of the features is allowing "free" response by the other party, if you pay them $47.80 for a three month period.

So far, I have only received response from one person, where we did chat a lot via their personal email message system. This then led up to a coffee date where I was surprised how different she looked compared to the photo in her profile pictures. She was MUCH THICKER than the person in her profile photo. 2nd date meeting with her was dinner. After that she never bothered to respond to my text messages.

I have been persistent in sending out many many messages to women, only to get no response.

There is blatant racism and discrimination in online dating here in the US! If I was a white male or a black male, I would definitely be getting more messages and response from women! Life is so unfair!

GrayAndLonesome said:
So far, I have only received response from one person, where we did chat a lot via their personal email message system. This then led up to a coffee date where I was surprised how different she looked compared to the photo in her profile pictures. She was MUCH THICKER than the person in her profile photo. 2nd date meeting with her was dinner. After that she never bothered to respond to my text messages.

Maybe she picked up on how ridiculously shallow you were and decided she deserved better.

GrayAndLonesome said:
There is blatant racism and discrimination in online dating here in the US! If I was a white male or a black male, I would definitely be getting more messages and response from women! Life is so unfair!

Sorry but I don't agree that having an ethnic preference when it comes to dating constitutes racism...

GrayAndLonesome said:

Buddy, I really don't think that what you're experiencing is racism. Discrimination is a loosely defined word. If someone sees something in your profile that is a turnoff, you might call that discrimination, but it's just the other person making a choice. It could be one of a thousand possible reasons.

And BTW, I've lived in the US for 15 years. I have to say, despite how shallow a lot of people can be (everywhere, not just here) ... this country is, for the most part, SO accepting and tolerant of foreigners. In fact, a lot of folks find you intriguing if you're not from here.

I don't think that you have to be white or black to have women come to you. I'm "brown" and I've had plenty of women come to me, even though nothing ever lasted. I have NOT dated a single woman of my ethnicity ... almost all were white American, some Asian ... not that that ultimately matters, just saying to illustrate. I've had chances. I'm convinced that it is not your race that is getting in your way here.

I read your other posts. I think there is a deeper problem here, though I don't know enough to put it in more specific words. Perhaps something in your profile, or as Tuathaniel said, your attitude or approach towards dating.

Life is absolutely ******* unfair, you got that right

Paraiyar said:
GrayAndLonesome said:

Sorry but I don't agree that having an ethnic preference when it comes to dating constitutes racism...

Bro, having a racial preference for a guy due to his race IS racism. Sheesh.

Ethnic preference is due to brainwashing from the mainstream media, commercials, etc.....that brainwash girls into thinking that certain guys of a certain racee is cool, while another male from another racial background are geeks, etc.

Somnambulist said:
GrayAndLonesome said:

Buddy, I really don't think that what you're experiencing is racism. Discrimination is a loosely defined word. If someone sees something in your profile that is a turnoff, you might call that discrimination, but it's just the other person making a choice. It could be one of a thousand possible reasons.

And BTW, I've lived in the US for 15 years. I have to say, despite how shallow a lot of people can be (everywhere, not just here) ... this country is, for the most part, SO accepting and tolerant of foreigners. In fact, a lot of folks find you intriguing if you're not from here.

I don't think that you have to be white or black to have women come to you. I'm "brown" and I've had plenty of women come to me, even though nothing ever lasted. I have NOT dated a single woman of my ethnicity ... almost all were white American, some Asian ... not that that ultimately matters, just saying to illustrate. I've had chances. I'm convinced that it is not your race that is getting in your way here.

I read your other posts. I think there is a deeper problem here, though I don't know enough to put it in more specific words. Perhaps something in your profile, or as Tuathaniel said, your attitude or approach towards dating.

LOL, you're kidding me, right? The US is only tolerant towards certain religious and minority groups.

If the US is so accepting of foreigners, tell me why I was bullied back in school.....students told me to go back to China, when I'm actually Korean? Such bullshit.

If the US is so accepting, tell me why hollywood portray us as geeks and effimate nerds? This is what affects me the most of finding a girlfriend here in the US. I'm sorry, but the US still has a lot more to do for racial relationship rather than focus only on black racism.

Well, you're "brown" so I'm guessing you're hispanic or middle eastern, so the media does not portray your ethnic group in a bad way. Compared to Asian men, we're portrayed negatively, which is why I struggle with finding a significant other.

It seems that a lot of you guys aren't placing your self in my position, which is why a lot of you are disagreeing with me on racism when it comes to internet dating and dating here in the US.

GrayAndLonesome said:
Somnambulist said:
GrayAndLonesome said:

LOL, you're kidding me, right? The US is only tolerant towards certain religious and minority groups.

If the US is so accepting of foreigners, tell me why I was bullied back in school.....students told me to go back to China, when I'm actually Korean? Such bullshit.

If the US is so accepting, tell me why hollywood portray us as geeks and effimate nerds? This is what affects me the most of finding a girlfriend here in the US. I'm sorry, but the US still has a lot more to do for racial relationship rather than focus only on black racism.

Well, you're "brown" so I'm guessing you're hispanic or middle eastern, so the media does not portray your ethnic group in a bad way. Compared to Asian men, we're portrayed negatively, which is why I struggle with finding a significant other.

It seems that a lot of you guys aren't placing your self in my position, which is why a lot of you are disagreeing with me on racism when it comes to internet dating and dating here in the US.

I'm actually East Indian, which is Asian (for those who know any basic geography). I was bullied as fresia back in India, supposedly my "home country" (not really). Bullying does not necessarily have anything to do with race. People don't need the slightest excuse to make you feel like honeysuckle. They will dig up a reason out of thin air.

What you described are stereotypes. Yes, there are plenty of stereotypes, and yes, they suck ... they are offensive, annoying, and sometimes escalate to the point of hate crimes, out of ignorance. But, I have had jobs here, I've had women here, I've had friends here. They were all ignorant FUCKS, but that doesn't make them racist .. just ignorant.

Hollywood portrays us as nerds (Indians even more than oriental people), because the fact is ... our countries produce a large number of engineers. I think it's a ******* compliment. It is not portrayed in a positive way, but it's ******* Hollywood, man ... they just wanna make a few bucks. I don't turn to Hollywood for spiritual guidance.

But, all said and done, the US is the #1 immigration destination in the world (Germany is second). Why ?

It ain't perfect; no place is.

GrayAndLonesome said:
Somnambulist said:
GrayAndLonesome said:

If it makes you feel any better, Asians are projected to be the majority demographic of the U.S by the end of the century so this probably won't be a problem in the future.

Paraiyar said:
If it makes you feel any better, Asians are projected to be the majority demographic of the U.S by the end of the century so this probably won't be a problem in the future.

LOL !

Buddy, you're too obsessed with politics and the future of the US !

You need to focus more on your diving skills and dealing with decompression sickness. Or what to do when the reactor on your nuclear sub undergoes a meltdown !

:p

GrayAndLonesome said:
Bro, having a racial preference for a guy due to his race IS racism. Sheesh.

Ethnic preference is due to brainwashing from the mainstream media, commercials, etc.....that brainwash girls into thinking that certain guys of a certain racee is cool, while another male from another racial background are geeks, etc.

Uhm. No. Racism is defined as: 

"the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as an inferior or superior to another race or races." 

and 

"prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against  someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior." 

It's not racism to feel attraction towards some races, and perhaps less of an attraction towards others. (When white guys talk about how they love Asian women, are they being racist again white women?) People can't help what they're attracted to. You keep whining about that girl who replied who were "thicker" than you thought. A lot of guys insists on women not having body hairs, even though it's completely natural to have them. A lot of guys prefer younger women. Some prefer blondes, others prefer brunettes and redheads. It's not about "my race/size/haircolour/whatever is superior to yours," it's about physical, visual elements that you're immediately attracted to. 

You need to stop blaming everyone else and accusing women of being racist against you, and start considering that maybe there's something in how you present yourself that makes women not respond to you. I don't know what you have on your dating profile, but if it's anything like the impression I've gotten here, I wouldn't have responded to you even if you were the spitting image of Chris Hemsworth.

Paraiyar said:
GrayAndLonesome said:

Agreed, sexual discrimination on the basis of race is not the same as racism.

Objectively speaking, I don't think the statement that the person's picture was not an accurate reflection of reality is necessarily an expression of shallowness either. But even if it was, I'd certainly prefer to keep these avenues of discrimination on the personal level open for everyone equally.

Surely better than accusing others of racism, lookism, fatphobia, golddigging or anything else. Just keep in mind that you reap what you sow.

GrayAndLonesome said:

As a white male who gets no messages or responses, does that mean you get less than 0 responses? That's extremely strange.

blackdot said:
GrayAndLonesome said:

As a white male who gets no messages or responses, does that mean you get less than 0 responses? That's extremely strange.

lol     +1

Latest posts

Back