does good looks really matter in making friends and finding love

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not only do looks matter, but it can be the most important thing.

Sure, you will get partners if you are rich, but not genuine love.

For a person to find someone genuinely attractive and fall in love it is required that you have AT LEAST above average looks (6.5 and up).

I'm not trolling. You don't see women falling in love with fat men or men with ugly faces. It is usually the hot and popular stud.

And vice versa. You don't see men falling in love with ugly girls. Sure, they may be desperate and clingy, but they would switch that woman for Megan Fox AT ANY GIVEN MOMENT. They just convince themselves of the opposite because they are suffering the "sour grape syndrome". Basically, you realize you would never get a beautiful person as partner so you convince yourself that it is PERSONALITY that you seek.

You may lie to yourself, but your body doesn't. You still want to mate with the hot people, women and men both alike.

If looks didn't matter, actors wouldn't be beautiful.

Zac Efron can have the worst personality in the world, but he doesn't have to do anything more than show up in a social gathering with women to have girls jump on his lap.

If you want to suck girls into your bed, yeah. If you're talking long-term relationships, no.

LUCK said:
Not only do looks matter, but it can be the most important thing.

Sure, you will get partners if you are rich, but not genuine love.

For a person to find someone genuinely attractive and fall in love it is required that you have AT LEAST above average looks (6.5 and up).

I'm not trolling. You don't see women falling in love with fat men or men with ugly faces. It is usually the hot and popular stud.

And vice versa. You don't see men falling in love with ugly girls. Sure, they may be desperate and clingy, but they would switch that woman for Megan Fox AT ANY GIVEN MOMENT. They just convince themselves of the opposite because they are suffering the "sour grape syndrome". Basically, you realize you would never get a beautiful person as partner so you convince yourself that it is PERSONALITY that you seek.

You may lie to yourself, but your body doesn't. You still want to mate with the hot people, women and men both alike.

If looks didn't matter, actors wouldn't be beautiful.

Zac Efron can have the worst personality in the world, but he doesn't have to do anything more than show up in a social gathering with women to have girls jump on his lap.

Liar.

Pheenix said:
If you want to suck girls into your bed, yeah. If you're talking long-term relationships, no.

If you want long term relationships you have to have LOOKS+Personality. To bed women for one night you have to have ONLY LOOKS.

So for not hot people it is HARDER to get a relationship, that is why we are all failing.

Looks get you through the door. If a man is not attractive to the woman initially, she will never find him attractive. NO matter what you say, NO matter what is your personality. A woman decides if she wants to fresia a guy in the first few seconds. If you are hot, you can still fresia up by having a bad personality, but she might still have you as fresia buddy and to brag to her gf's. If you are ugly, then you don't get anything, not even a second glance.

The principle is thue, but yes, you get a second glance. The brush-off from bad looks isn't THAT bad.

I don't look at looks. I look at companionship and compatibility in someone. I'd much rather be able to laugh with him and love to be around him than for him to look Photoshopped.

That is right Vanilla, it is because you realize you can never get hot people to mate with you so you convince yourself that their looks don't matter.

LUCK said:
That is right Vanilla, it is because you realize you can never get hot people to mate with you so you convince yourself that their looks don't matter.

Um... I could show you all the guys I've dated that are "not so attractive" and then all the guys that are "hot" that I won't even give the time of day to. But well, I suppose I'm probably just ugly to, so that wouldn't matter.

LUCK said:
So for not hot people it is HARDER to get a relationship, that is why we are all failing.

speak for yourself dude.

there is more to atracting someone than just good looks.
its easy to blame your looks if your failing at it.

Callie said:
LUCK said:

Um... I could show you all the guys I've dated that are "not so attractive" and then all the guys that are "hot" that I won't even give the time of day to. But well, I suppose I'm probably just ugly to, so that wouldn't matter.

Sour grape syndrome. You "wouldn't give them a time of day" because you know they would reject you. For that reason you have developed a defense mechanism and date only in your league.

uumm...you seriously need to settle down and start being a little more careful of what you say. At some point, "having an opinion" is going to devolve into "trolling" or "flaming."

LUCK said:
Callie said:
LUCK said:

Sour grape syndrome. You "wouldn't give them a time of day" because you know they would reject you. For that reason you have developed a defense mechanism and date only in your league.

Considering that THEY are the ones contacting ME, I think you have that a little wrong honey. You don't even know what I look like, or what any of us look like for that matter, so how can you be sure I'm not a ******* supermodel?

LUCK said:
Callie said:
LUCK said:

Dude. Your face is a sour grape. Callie is hotter than hell, and almost every guy in the forum has expressed wanting to fresia the honeysuckle out of her.

so how can you be sure I'm not a ******* supermodel?
Because you are on this FORUM! If you were a supermodel, you would NEVER be lonely, because you could get ANY GUY ON THE PLANET.

Dude. Your face is a sour grape. Callie is hotter than hell, and almost every guy in the forum has expressed wanting to fresia the honeysuckle out of her.
Of course, because lonely guys are desperate and would fresia anything. And she goes to this forum to feed her ego and look at all the lonely guys and how they are white knighting her and wanting to fresia her so she would feel MORE VALUABLE. Woman who are attractive CAN'T be lonely.

LUCK said:
so how can you be sure I'm not a ******* supermodel?
Because you are on this FORUM! If you were a supermodel, you would NEVER be lonely, because you could get ANY GUY ON THE PLANET.

Then how do you explain me? Pie is a supermodel but is on this forum.

Latest posts

Back