Is looking for a girl strictly for hooking up such a bad thing?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sex is fine. But people tend to lie to get it and put each other down over it. And sex in itself is only exciting for a little bit so people tend to look for relationships more. Why spend a ton of time and energy on people who won't have your back or be there for you when things get hard?

Tealeaf said:
Sex is fine. But people tend to lie to get it and put each other down over it. And sex in itself is only exciting for a little bit so people tend to look for relationships more. Why spend a ton of time and energy on people who won't have your back or be there for you when things get hard?

[quote pid='832648' dateline='1485983969']
 spend a ton of time and energy on people who won't have your back or be there for you when things get hard?
[/quote]
' for when things get hard " i like that pun. 

As to why spend the time and effort for sex or fun?
Simple answer; lonley. We can all somewhat relate to that here. Answer number 2. Desperate. 3. Sexually frustrated to the point of ...forget my own thread titles 😀 So yeah, I think those are all good reasons

Restless soul said:
AmytheTemperamental said:
Maybe those random girls that say you remind them of other people, are indeed only interested in hooking up. Can you stop thinking long enough to give them a shot?

What? It's never any girls that say that.

Might I direct you to THIS thread? 

Restless soul said:
Anyway so I am talking to this girl on this app we matched on
We were about to meet. Everything was going well. Then she sends me a photo of a guy she thinks is me on Facebook who looks nothing like me. Says is this you? Add me. Lets meet another day. Can't she see its not me from my previous photos I had up?  The guy literally looked nothing like me.

TheRealCallie said:
Restless soul said:
AmytheTemperamental said:
Maybe those random girls that say you remind them of other people, are indeed only interested in hooking up. Can you stop thinking long enough to give them a shot?

What? It's never any girls that say that.

Might I direct you to THIS thread? 

Restless soul said:
Anyway so I am talking to this girl on this app we matched on
We were about to meet. Everything was going well. Then she sends me a photo of a guy she thinks is me on Facebook who looks nothing like me. Says is this you? Add me. Lets meet another day. Can't she see its not me from my previous photos I had up?  The guy literally looked nothing like me.

Again, i was referring to offline. What's your point? That girl sends me a random photo of somone who clearly wasnt me. We were supposed to meet that day. After she sent me that photo she thinks it was me on Facebook. SSorry.  I don't want to meet a girl who A. Blows me off to add her in fb ( which i dont use) and b. Cant distinguish between the pics she sees of me on the app, vs the photo she sent me? Now add in my self image, self esteem and identity  iissues.  And i should take that to mean she wants to hook up?? Don't think so

Callie - what is your point???

wnhjo.jpg

This girl will never forget who you are.

Restless soul said:
Tealeaf said:

spend a ton of time and energy on people who won't have your back or be there for you when things get hard?

Simple answer; lonley. We can all somewhat relate to that here. Answer number 2. Desperate. 3. Sexually frustrated to the point of ...forget my own thread titles 😀 So yeah, I think those are all good reasons
[/quote]

I mean more than once in a while between relationships. Once the fun is done, they're out. It's like watching TV all the time instead of once in a while. You won't get much for what you spend on it.

Tealeaf said:
Restless soul said:
Tealeaf said:

I mean more than once in a while between relationships. Once the fun is done, they're out. It's like watching TV all the time instead of once in a while. You won't get much for what you spend on it.
[/quote]
So what's the alternative? Go months, years having no fun. Always alone? Like i am now? Walking around constantly angry, feeling rejected and dejected??

I know people who hook up who still walk around like that. There's no one magical cure.

TheRealCallie said:
Sex isn't going to fix your issues....

Ohh gee golly. Thanks a lot. But..it will help in the interim.

Can't you throw this guy a bone every now and then?

Of course,  it won't.  But it does help when someone can meet someone that is mutally attracted wants to be intimate. 
So you don't become that guy walking around so painfully insecure all the time feeling Iike you must have small pox. Or what is that other disorder people steer clear of you for having? ****!! It will come to me

You are completely missing the point though. As I tried before, in two different threads, I won't be doing it again. So I'll just leave you with this. If you want something out of life, try fixing YOURSELF before trying to bring someone else in to fix it for you. No one else can fix your issues. Sex won't fix your issues. A girlfriend won't fix your issues.

TheRealCallie said:
You are completely missing the point though.  As I tried before, in two different threads, I won't be doing it again.  So I'll just leave you with this.  If you want something out of life, try fixing YOURSELF before trying to bring someone else in to fix it for you.  No one else can fix your issues.  Sex won't fix your issues.  A girlfriend won't fix your issues.

Thanks o' great and wise cally. I heard that repeated many times echoed in other places, and yes, while I agree with that to some extent. Do you discourage me from having sex given the opportunity? Whether or not I fix my "issues" so to speak.

Forget my issues for a moment.

Last time I checked this was a site about being and feeling lonley.
And any sort of relationship and or human contact will! Help that issue!

EveWasFramed said:
I can honestly say that the exchanges between you three keep a smile on my face. :p

Great! I am happy about that. That is great news. I mean that sincerly. If someone gets some entertainment value from my thread that in itself is good !! 😁😁😁😊

We will try to keep it up

That is therapudic to me too in a weird strange way.

Restless soul said:
And any sort of relationship and or human contact will! Help that issue!

Actually, not always.  Would an abusive relationship help that issue?  How about one where the person spends all their time elsewhere and is rarely with you?  How about the time you finally go and have sex with a random person and you walk away with an STD?

But fine...here's your bone.  Should I tell you to fetch?  That's typically what happens when a bone is thrown.

_QKmsx.gif

Latest posts

Back