Is looking for a girl strictly for hooking up such a bad thing?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ditakelly said:
There are women who claim they like to hook up, in truth they are just lying to themselves, essentially women are emotional creatures who don't truly separate emotions from sex.

That is not true.....

You may have that opinion about yourself, but you can't know how every single woman in the world feels about sex.  Sorry, but no.

Carrie, you are very rude on these forums, I have been waiting for your response, I knew it would come eventually, because it seems anyone who has a coherent opinion is shouted down, because in fact you are constantly looking for an argument rather than actually participating in debate and discussion... this is a clear sign
of your "issues"... BPD perhaps??? I am an older woman, I've been round the block many times, I've seen a hell of a lot in my time. I have also met many people like you Carrie... very ill people as a matter of fact! 

ardour said:
Restless soul said:
ardour said:
Attractive man looking for hook ups:  well at least he's honest and direct...

Unattractive man looking for hook ups: probable rapist, harassment threat, abusive creep, etc.

Do you really want to be perceived as the later?

There's a sleigh of dangers associated with this behaviour: STDs, unwanted pregnancies,  accidentally getting emotionally involved, breaking up another relationship without knowing. Not worth it in my opinion.

Who said I consider myself to be the latter?  A guy has to have some sex at some point?? II should hope

...and I'm living proof that he doesn't.

I don't mean to blunt, but if you're on here complaining about not being able to hook up, then you're maybe you're not the kind of guy women want to jump all over based on appearances alone, (despite the claim otherwise). Maybe better to  try and find a relationship? Or just accept the dry spell with grace?

I don't know about that. I am on here for various other issues, that are making in difficult to get out there a meet. Self-image. Self esteem. Don't think I am bad looking.  I have had people tell me the opposite.  But since I have a very warped view of how I look and affecting how I feel. That I take horrible selfies of myself.  

I see the fun has begun here again..so hope to hear from ya.

Missingthesun said:
I think that actually planning to just "hook up" is difficult for most women because of the way we are raised and also the way we are wired.  I see nothing wrong with it though if you are up front about your intentions.  Watch out for potential bunny boilers though.

Interesting. We live in a sex crazed culture. A with tinder and the like. I know women hook up just as easy as some men.

But whats a bunny boiler?

TheRealCallie said:
I gotta admit, Restless.  I'm dying to know what you look like.

Bad selfies + painfully insecure.....= well you know

Don't get me wrong..i don't think I am the elephant man or anything

I just always hated being in photos, taking photos.

But, callie is the fight still on between you and dita? I am not much of a fan pf the superbowl. Rather tune in here

ditakelly said:
Carrie, you are very rude on these forums, I have been waiting for your response, I knew it would come eventually, because it seems anyone who has a coherent opinion is shouted down, because in fact you are constantly looking for an argument rather than actually participating in debate and discussion... this is a clear sign
of your "issues"... BPD perhaps??? I am an older woman, I've been round the block many times, I've seen a hell of a lot in my time. I have also met many people like you Carrie... very ill people as a matter of fact! 

First, the name says CALLIE, not Carrie. 

Second, what exactly was rude about my answer?  I didn't realize that simply disagreeing with someone was considered rude. I never once shouted at you, so I fail to see where you are getting this, unless, as I stated, it was because I simply disagreed with you.

Third, where the fresia (there, I shouted, are you happy now?  :rolleyes:  )  do you get off diagnosing me?  I don't have BPD or anything else, thanks, I simply.....DO NOT AGREE WITH WHAT YOU SAID (more yelling, am I doing it right now?)  Is that enough shouting now, because quite honestly, I'm not feeling it....

Fourth, you're an older woman, huh?  You've been around the block many times, huh? You've seen a lot lot, huh?  Yeah, nice try, that honeysuckle doesn't work with me. And I really don't care if you like me or not, if I disagree with someone, I will say so.  I was not....I repeat NOT....rude to you.  You may, however, want to look in a mirror.

Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:

But, callie is the fight still on between you and dita? I am not much of a fan pf the superbowl. Rather tune in here

Well, if you ever want to show me in PM, I'm insanely curious.  (Perhaps it's my newly diagnosed BPD coming out?  lol)

And I'm not fighting with anyone.  She can fight all she wants, but I learned long ago not to fall into those traps.

ditakelly said:
I have met a few 'mad for sex' women over the years, but to be honest they tend to a be 'not all there' or coke addicts.

I wouldn't put biology in this discussion because everything would point out to exactly what you're saying (i.e women are less prone to have casual sex), but biology is not all empirical evidence that you can find in this matter since the sole purpose of sex stopped being to reproduce centuries ago (if it ever was just that...). I'm also not getting in the "women are empowered" crap because no one thing would empower an entire gender since not all members of that particular gender would feel empowered by acting a certain way - we're individuals after all, but sex became a matter in social sciences since our culture developed and women started exercising more freely their privilege of holding the power in sexual encounters. Today we see a higher population of women in higher education, fewer women deciding to produce offspring - at least not until they're much older than the average prime age -, also worth mentioning how women are completely in power of their own reproductive system (contraceptives/abortion), fewer women deciding to get married... all of those result in women working/being self-sufficient and translates into sexual relations too. We have a million options to not even need a man in bed, have the option of working in the sex trade if we please and women are definitely not shamed for being independent sexually and deciding to have multiple casual partners (besides from other women, this being a clear example). I don't mean to get in the discussion of feelings because - again - I think we're individuals with very distinct personalities and the generalization of "all women would develop feelings" is simply false, but are you seriously implying that a woman who chooses to engage in casual sex with partners she deems fit are mad or drug addicts? That sentence is very much on the kooky side...

TheRealCallie said:
ditakelly said:

Second, what exactly was rude about my answer?  I didn't realize that simply disagreeing with someone was considered rude. I never once shouted at you, so I fail to see where you are getting this, unless, as I stated, it was because I simply disagreed with you.

Third, where the fresia (there, I shouted, are you happy now?  :rolleyes:  )  do you get off diagnosing me?  I don't have BPD or anything else, thanks, I simply.....DO NOT AGREE WITH WHAT YOU SAID (more yelling, am I doing it right now?)  Is that enough shouting now, because quite honestly, I'm not feeling it....

Fourth, you're an older woman, huh?  You've been around the block many times, huh? You've seen a lot lot, huh?  Yeah, nice try, that honeysuckle doesn't work with me. And I really don't care if you like me or not, if I disagree with someone, I will say so.  I was not....I repeat NOT....rude to you.  You may, however, want to look in a mirror.

Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:

Well, if you ever want to show me in PM, I'm insanely curious.  (Perhaps it's my newly diagnosed BPD coming out?  lol)

And I'm not fighting with anyone.  She can fight all she wants, but I learned long ago not to fall into those traps.

Maybe one day I will work myself up to it depending on mood. Who knows

After reading the entire thread: No, hooking up is not a bad thing.

Nwahs said:
After reading the entire thread: No, hooking up is not a bad thing.

Yes. Thanks for joining this thread that always seems to go off track somehow.

ditakelly said:

Just because you're more experienced or have done more things doesn't mean you have a sayso over everyone in your gender. I personally don't have much an emotional attachment to sex. That being said, I don't particularly care for it at all. If you want to say someone's rude, perhaps you should look at what you say as well.

ditakelly said:

Callie wasn't rude at all. She merely disagreed with you. As do I, and seemingly a number of other people. 
As far as you attempting to medically diagnose some "issues" you think she has, well that's kind of rude in my opinion. You don't know her and make these assumptions with absolutely nothing factual to base them on. You aren't a psychatrist and she isn't your patient. 
And there are women out there who like lots of sex who aren't on drugs or insane. Generalizing doesn't really work well when you're trying to express your opinions here.

EveWasFramed said:
ditakelly said:

Callie wasn't rude at all. She merely disagreed with you. As do I, and seemingly a number of other people. 
As far as you attempting to medically diagnose some "issues" you think she has, well that's kind of rude in my opinion. You don't know her and make these assumptions with absolutely nothing factual to base them on. You aren't a psychatrist and she isn't your patient. 
And there are women out there who like lots of sex who aren't on drugs or insane. Generalizing doesn't really work well when you're trying to express your opinions here.

I rest my case... "not all there" or as you put it Insane, go get yourself some help LMAO. The way you have responded shows exactly how you would respond to a guy in a casual sex situation,  can not behave without responding emotionally. That's exactly what I'm talking about..... women love drama!

Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:
ditakelly said:

Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:

Maybe one day I will work myself up to it depending on mood. Who knows

You took the bait! I knew you would LMAO. You were so predictable. That made my day LOL. You also totally proved my point... You responded emotionally.... women are essentially emotional creatures. I am so grateful so have moved on from that way of living

VanillaCreme said:
ditakelly said:

Just because you're more experienced or have done more things doesn't mean you have a sayso over everyone in your gender. I personally don't have much an emotional attachment to sex. That being said, I don't particularly care for it at all. If you want to say someone's rude, perhaps you should look at what you say as 

Ive seen it all in my time. Trust me.... Mental. Get some help LMAO

Latest posts

Back