Ladies, do you mean calling a guy as "cute" as a compliment?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I say someone's cute, I mean it in well. Not to emasculate them or to ridicule them. Sometimes when I feel shy in saying he looks good, I might go with cute but I try to do that less now cos I know a lot of men don't take that well. :\

kamya said:
BeyondShy said:
What I mean is that there are ladies in here. Simple as that. And now you tell me to fresia off?

Well its a good thing the damsels have such classy gentlemen as yourself around to protect them from such vulgar language. May you be rewarded with many brownies.

Eh, you don't need to be a lady or a gentleman to be put off by people talking about that honeysuckle for no good reason. I am and I'm not known for my charming language. Now both of you go eat some goddamn Snickers bars and chill or take it outside.

I've been called cute or adorable or nice before. Surely as a compliment, but never meant as a way to say they were attracted to me.
I agree it depends on the situation and tone of voice etc..
But I'd say, unless there's some reason you should think otherwise, it's probably meant as "brotherly affection" or just a compliment, as many said.

kamya said:
You guys are cute. :)

Why, thank you, kind sir.
latest

From what I gather. Ladies aren't attracted to cute, but they like cute.

So it is a compliment. In a sense.

Cute = Adorable.

Like a puppy or a 5 year old. A male with qualities that give benefits but not sexual attraction.

kamya said:
BeyondShy said:
kamya said:
Hmm is she calling you cute just before sucking your dick? If so it's probably meant as attraction.

Was saying this necessary?

Was it? How about ******* off? :) There i was minding my own business... or does this mean you want to talk to me again now?

Imo cute is a pretty emasculating compliment. I would never see it as someone being interested in more than just friends. Unless there is some overtly flirty physical or sexual body language to go with it.

This is inappropriate behaviour here, knock it off. This is not that type of forum to make such vulgar comments like that and you do not curse at other forum members in such a way. You too have had a bad attitude towards others here lately and made many gender biased remarks. Enjoy your week off. Oh and your comments in your bio are being removed, don't do that again.

For me I use it in both ways. A cute kitten. The guy I am meeting is very cute to look at meaning I am attracted to his looks. He says and does cute things, that adds to me liking his personality. That's if he hasn't photoshopped his picture like one guy I met.

Xpendable said:
Cute = Adorable.

Like a puppy or a 5 year old. A male with qualities that give benefits but not sexual attraction.

Yes, to me this is how it comes across - although I respect those who use the word 'cute' to refer to a sexually attractive man (I just don't think I could).

If he's attractive, then that's the word I use!

I guess it depends on how it's said. It could be cute as in adorable. Or it could be cute in a sexy type of way. I know I've used the sexy type of cute before when describing a guy.

I'm trying to think of a singer that I might describe as cute but am failing miserably!

The closest I can get to is Marc Bolan and David Cassidy (from the '70s), and even then I would describe them as beautiful rather than cute.

After a little more thought, I think I might be able to call an introverted, geeky guy with glasses cute, especially if he comes across as quietly confident.

LonesomeDay said:
If he's attractive, then that's the word I use!

^ This for me too, if I don't use "cute".

LonesomeDay said:
and even then I would describe them as beautiful rather than cute.

Using "beautiful" to describe a man sounds stranger to me than "cute". I guess because I've only really heard it used in a comedic context.

Solivagant said:
LonesomeDay said:
and even then I would describe them as beautiful rather than cute.

Using "beautiful" to describe a man sounds stranger to me than "cute". I guess because I've only really heard it used in a comedic context.

Yes, I suppose it does!

I'd only use it in a certain context as I remember the glam rock era (post hippie) - and male popstars with long hair wearing make-up and having a softer, less masculine side to their personality.

They were the ones that from the back (at a distance) you couldn't tell if they were male or female.

People like who they like. No big deal. Everyone has their own tastes.

It's a compliment. I only usually say "cute"....sometimes "sexy" but generally for me they have the same meaning. "You're attractive to me"

Everyone is different though

Latest posts

Back