Men don't cry!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i rarely cry and when i do i keep the sadness inside. which is not that great of an idea in the long run. but i've been subjected to so much mental abuse that it's hard for me to even feel anymore.

Misanthrope23 said:
i rarely cry and when i do i keep the sadness inside. which is not that great of an idea in the long run. but i've been subjected to so much mental abuse that it's hard for me to even feel anymore.

Crying is good sometimes so please do!

Okiedokes said:
I think a man who can cry is actually quite manly. Takes some ballz to show that. I just like a man who is true to himself and in touch with his feelings.

I second ya. I prefer a man who is sensitive and cares about feelings. So crying sometimes is okay :)

Good to know some of you women don't necessarily see crying as a negative. Now hopefully there won't be any reason to cry in the first place :p

perfanoff said:
Good to know some of you women don't necessarily see crying as a negative. Now hopefully there won't be any reason to cry in the first place :p

Lol :D

Don't blame men.

Blame the fact that feminism happened for women making them able to dress and act like men without reproach, but the powers that be (other men) decided that masculinism was a bad thing. You see it in commercials even, there was some (Hanes, I think) commercial where a widowed army wife put on her husband's old shirt to remember him by. But people would be shocked or outraged by a similar display of sentiment (forget wearing her dress, even smelling it or something, would be too "creepy" because men can't show such feelings).

It's okay for women to pursue their own ambitions, to wear pants, and not have a family (no, really it is, I'm not being sarcastic).

But a man who wants to say "screw it" to a family having to work two jobs with kids at home (we did the math in a marketing class on the rise of "house husbands", a man making minimum wage with children and a wife making more may as well not work, as the money spent in driving around, childcare and other expenses, works out to all his salary) and puts his ambitions on hold, wants to dress more like a woman, and wants to be the one to stay home with the kids because staying home with the kids is a better stress than being the top breadwinner and responsible for the success of the family. Those men? They're unmanly (now I'm being sarcastic).

Things have improved in Japan some, but for American men, they're still getting stifled by the "don't show weakness/feelings" crap of their fathers and grandfathers.

^I can't stand feminism either, but feminists are the ones pushing for men being able to be more feminine (while claiming the whole notion of being feminine is an illusion :p) by getting rid of gender roles in general.

Anyway, of course it's fine for us guys to cry -- in private. Women find it cool when Leonardo DiCaprio gives his teary stare in the movies, but in real life, where the stakes are far from apocalyptic, I can think of few bigger turn offs for a woman than her boyfriend/husband crying in front of her. Some women like sensitive men, yes, but there's a limit. You really have to appreciate how women will lie or convince themselves otherwise about these things with the best intentions. Ask the same question somewhere women don't think there are guys reading and judging them and you're likely to get very different answers.

bulmabriefs144 said:
Don't blame men.

Blame the fact that feminism happened for women making them able to dress and act like men without reproach, but the powers that be (other men) decided that masculinism was a bad thing. You see it in commercials even, there was some (Hanes, I think) commercial where a widowed army wife put on her husband's old shirt to remember him by. But people would be shocked or outraged by a similar display of sentiment (forget wearing her dress, even smelling it or something, would be too "creepy" because men can't show such feelings).

It's okay for women to pursue their own ambitions, to wear pants, and not have a family (no, really it is, I'm not being sarcastic).

But a man who wants to say "screw it" to a family having to work two jobs with kids at home (we did the math in a marketing class on the rise of "house husbands", a man making minimum wage with children and a wife making more may as well not work, as the money spent in driving around, childcare and other expenses, works out to all his salary) and puts his ambitions on hold, wants to dress more like a woman, and wants to be the one to stay home with the kids because staying home with the kids is a better stress than being the top breadwinner and responsible for the success of the family. Those men? They're unmanly (now I'm being sarcastic).

Things have improved in Japan some, but for American men, they're still getting stifled by the "don't show weakness/feelings" crap of their fathers and grandfathers.

i agree absolutely. but i think the best solution is getting rid of gender roles, because it would free up what men and women really want to be. what's so wrong about a husband staying a home, while his wife works, if he's the one taking care of their children? without gender roles men could dress like women, women could dress like men and no one would have double standards.

The thing is, I believe it's also biologically-driven and we can't misspell millions of years of evolution so easily.
A lot of the silly things and mistakes we do is due to that above all, we're still only human.

So you guys think we need to change stereotypical mindset? I wish it was "easier done than said!"

Misanthrope23 said:
i agree absolutely. but i think the best solution is getting rid of gender roles, because it would free up what men and women really want to be. what's so wrong about a husband staying a home, while his wife works, if he's the one taking care of their children? without gender roles men could dress like women, women could dress like men and no one would have double standards.

No! I like women in womens clothes, they look nice, okay, maybe a little bit sexy too and I apologise if that makes me a pig or something, I'm not talking about skimpy stuff, nice dresses, and things.

When I was younger I loved girls in really long skirts, don't know why, just did.

Sorry - a bit off topic, I'll await your insults and cry in a corner... :p

PS - I have once worn a dress, around the centre of Nottingham no less... t'was my stag night though and I rarely repeat it.... :D

PPS - I'd be happy to be a house husband though, I think I'd actually be quite good at it nowadays

BrokenInside said:
So you guys think we need to change stereotypical mindset? I wish it was "easier done than said!"

Yeah, we ought to do that :) Everyone should be fine just expressing themselves instead of trying to fit so hard into some role society placed on them

Latest posts

Back