Thoughts and feelings about religion.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAS

Reaction score
I just wondered how all you lonely people feel about God and religion etc. I consider myself to be an athiest. If there is a God, he's dealt me a pretty bad hand in life. He's not even given me basic social skills so why the fresia should I believe that anybody good is looking after me. The only person who you can truly count on to look after you is yourself.

I think it's a nice invention people use to control each other. Not that I don't respect the beliefs of others necessarily, just that I take more from the ideal than the dogma itself.

CAS said:
I just wondered how all you lonely people feel about God and religion etc. I consider myself to be an athiest. If there is a God, he's dealt me a pretty bad hand in life. He's not even given me basic social skills so why the fresia should I believe that anybody good is looking after me. The only person who you can truly count on to look after you is yourself.

A 'nice invention'. That's my exact view. I'm a little bit too cynical and well-worn to buy into any of that crap.

Basic social skills can be simply listening to a friend rather than always wanting to have a say.

It also means that we create the topic that others can join inside.We all can learn it.
CAS said:
The only person who you can truly count on to look after you is yourself.

We have the responsibility to take care of ourselves but we are still dependent on others.No man is an island.

I was never raised as a christian ( my moms an atheist and my dad died before i could even walk though he was a christian ) i choose myself to become a christian and i have to say i don't regret it at all. I'm not one of those annoying christian who tries to force his religion down your throat and can't accept other people won't believe in God. I totally understand why some people don't believe in God and it's their business but God bless them anyways, i feel like i've changed for the better ever since i ''found'' God and it has without a doubt changed my way of seeing things ( been a christian for about 2 years now ) I'll probably get kinda flamed in a way for saying this, such as ''Why believe in god look what happened to me etc etc'' and i completely understand that, but the thing is even if there isn't a God it's still making me a better person

I havent quite decided what i believe yet. i tend to go with what makes me feel at peace, or with what works. religion, at least the one i was raised with, did not bring me any peace. Ive found a lot of peace with meditation and looking towards a spiritual guide, though.

CAS said:
He's not even given me basic social skills so why the fresia should I believe that anybody good is looking after me.

It actually sounds like you do believe in god, only that you are angry with your perception of him. It seems your perception of god is that he should be 'good' and being 'good' means you would have social skills. but you might ask yourself, why would him being good entail you have good social skills?

You'll belive oneway or the other.
To not belive is still a belief.

As for me...I have a chioce.
I chose to belive becuase it works for me...if I work it.
Faith without works is dead. I'm not into religion...I've been
around religion...it was good. I had a good ministor that
help me comprehend the message in a positive way that
I can apply to my life. I'm more into spiritaul...getting
with nature and stuff like that....Sort of like Saint Francis..
I'm not a saint that's for god **** sure...lmao
Maybe on a Tuesday....I can be an angel

One of most peaceful moment I experince in life was
to sit in an empty church as my friend play the piano.
He invited me to attend his church or share a part of his life.
He was there to stand by my side through some of the darkest
hours in my life.
I cried my heart out as he play the piano and sang.
Maybe god was working through him to help me.

I still don't understand God...The more I know...the less I know.
In other words...I don't have all the answers.
I hope I stay teachable..There's so much in life I don't
know about.
I want to belive in a HP or GOD..I'm just a man. I have so
many defects and flaws...My powers has limits. I know I
have a lot of willpower...never the less my powers are still
limited....
Just ask my EX-GF once a months..:p
I used to pray my heart out that god will help me make it through
somehow....

Maybe having faith that god will help me..is the samething
as saying...be positive and know I can get over or persevere
through some challeges in my life...Rather than being negative
and giving up on life....whatever wroks, It's still the same principle
to me.

I've experience some events in my life that I can't explain
away through logic. i don't expect anyone to belive me..
I don't need to prove it to anyone...I know what I saw and
experince. It's between my maker and I...The teachings
or lessons I needed to know or learn to help my journey
in this life.

My god or HP tells me i need to work on myself alot :p
It's okay...I'm capiable of being just like Juses or Luthifer.
The chioce is mine to make...To live in fear or in love.

The day I die is the day I stop learning...
mmm...probably why I'm still alive...I'm a slow learner. lmao
No need to threaten me to send me to hell...
I do my own stunts and create a living hell on earth in my life on my own. lol
I can chose to create heaven on earth in my life too

I don't think there's anything wrong with people that dosn't
beliving in god....i don't think I'm more or less of a human being.

It's about freedom and acceptence of others.
Live and let live.

It is just something we human beings invented in order to keep ourselves in check through the so - called "fear of god", because...
just think about how many people don´t murder, kill and /or steal
from others, commit suicide etc...just because they are afraid of
going to hell after they die. It is a child - like trait we never let go;
only allow our deepest, darkest desires to flourish if no one is looking
at us so we will not be punished. But if everyone believes there is someone, who is always looking at everything you do, no matter where you are, and can / will punish you for going against him,
things will be a bit more controlled. Those who kill others, to
say something, are those who either do not believe in god/hell/heaven
or believe, but don´t give a ****.

Cheers =)

CAS said:

I think God has proved an excellent tool for separating societies, spurring war and starting more than a few heated internet arguments.

Having said that, I still respect everyone's idea about what they choose to believe.

heretostay said:
It actually sounds like you do believe in god, only that you are angry with your perception of him. It seems your perception of god is that he should be 'good' and being 'good' means you would have social skills. but you might ask yourself, why would him being good entail you have good social skills?

Because otherwise he doesn't exist, duh.

Maybe it's because I was raised in the East and had a lot of experience with polytheism, but I find this sort of questions difficult to answer since it makes a lot of assumptions about "God" and "religion" that I don't necessarily agree with.

Anyway. I don't consider myself an atheist. I've determined that I don't believe in God as described in the Bible, but whether I believe in a "higher power" or any other forms of supernatural forces (which I assume disqualifies me from being a true-blue atheist-slash-skeptic) is still a question mark.

My decision to stop believing in God has nothing to do with my loneliness, though. I think deciding that God doesn't exist because your life sucks (as I've seen many people do) isn't the smartest way to go. It leaves you with the kind of grudge you're better off without and it probably doesn't make you any happier than when you supposedly believed in God. Plus, as much as some people would disagree, I don't really consider it a valid or logical reason.

Nevertheless, what you believe or not believe in is none of my business. I just think that as long as you continue to let God and religion disappoint you long after you left them, you're not exactly on the right path to happiness here.

The problem with christianity is the christians...

Christians invade foreign lands and kill in the name of whatever...despite the lessons that Jesus Christ tried to teach us about forgiveness and unconditional love

Christians judge other people as evil, going to hell, etc...because of sexual reasons, they drink, the color of their skin, etc...despite the fact that Jesus Christ would take in any one unwanted, unloved, or shunned, no matter what they did

Christians try to convince others that their beleif is the right one and only one, but yet Jesus Christ tuaght us to be a living testimony, that our actions should speak of his love, kindness and peace...not our words

Christians have used 'religion' to try and control people and gain power. It is no wonder so many scoff at it.

I say all of this as I am a Christian. I live by (or try to at least!) the teachings and lessons of Jesus Christ. I was very agnostic for very long. However, Christ proved himself to me when I was at my lowest point in my life. I never thought I would say today that I am a christian, and beleive totally in his message and promise for me. However, I can easily see why so many don't. There are alot of 'so called' christians out there that seem to miss what he was teaching...unconditional love, forgiveness, sacrafice, etc...

My beleif helps me at times when I can't find peace. It helps keep me centered. My loneliness, my problems are not God punishing me. but I look at them as things I must overcome. When I do, I am better because of them. no one is perfect, and no one has a problem free existence. We all have demons that torment us. We all have things that make us cry when we are alone and in the dark. I am so glad that during those times, I can find guidance and shelter in him.

Love you guys!!!

The problem with Islam is Islam itself.
Muslims judge all non muslims as evil, serve the mighty allah or burn.
Muslims try to convince others that their god is the right god, with the sword and now ak-47s etc.
Muslims have and STILL use religion to try and control people and gain power.

Thats just living by the teachings of the so called prophet Mohammed.

(This is about thoughts on religion, so i can say this without having a fatwa on my head right)

Hi Grundel,

I think the main difference is between faith and religion. Faith is something private, Religion is a social label designed to keep people together and control faith. It has it's good and it's bad.
The good comes from the sense of community, from finding strength in the faith of others who believe when you don't feel you can anymore.
The bad comes from the fact that like any social label - it comes with the two side-effects: divide and conquer. it immediately divides the world into "us" and "them" and then proceeds to try to rule "us" and conquer "them".
But faith is something internal and private and extremely strong. I don't think it matters if your faith is in Jesus Christ, Allah, Shiva, Buddha, Mother Nature, the God and Goddess or simply in yourself. Faith moves mountains.

and Punisher,
Islamic people are not all warmongers and fanatics. the Islamic terror is not the face of Muslims just like the Inquisition, crusades or the KKK are not the face of Christians. Most religions big enough have spawned sub-groups who took the idea of "spreading the good word" to hateful directions. both the Bible (old and new testament) and the Koran contains a call for a "Crusade". Most of believers see it as a spiritual one. Some hateful few take it literally it start a war...

Due disclosure: I was born and raised Jewish and currently don't belong to any official religion although I still am a man of faith.

Its not spiritual, its there in black and white.
You obviously havent seen the quotes from the quran i posted.

grundel70 said:
The problem with christianity is the christians...

Christians invade foreign lands and kill in the name of whatever...despite the lessons that Jesus Christ tried to teach us about forgiveness and unconditional love

Christians judge other people as evil, going to hell, etc...because of sexual reasons, they drink, the color of their skin, etc...despite the fact that Jesus Christ would take in any one unwanted, unloved, or shunned, no matter what they did

Christians try to convince others that their beleif is the right one and only one, but yet Jesus Christ tuaght us to be a living testimony, that our actions should speak of his love, kindness and peace...not our words

Christians have used 'religion' to try and control people and gain power. It is no wonder so many scoff at it.

I say all of this as I am a Christian. I live by (or try to at least!) the teachings and lessons of Jesus Christ. I was very agnostic for very long. However, Christ proved himself to me when I was at my lowest point in my life. I never thought I would say today that I am a christian, and beleive totally in his message and promise for me. However, I can easily see why so many don't. There are alot of 'so called' christians out there that seem to miss what he was teaching...unconditional love, forgiveness, sacrafice, etc...

My beleif helps me at times when I can't find peace. It helps keep me centered. My loneliness, my problems are not God punishing me. but I look at them as things I must overcome. When I do, I am better because of them. no one is perfect, and no one has a problem free existence. We all have demons that torment us. We all have things that make us cry when we are alone and in the dark. I am so glad that during those times, I can find guidance and shelter in him.

Love you guys!!!

You are a real christian. Please, pray for me.

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of Angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing. Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails, but whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away" (1 Cor. 13:1-8).

I am honestly sick of hearing certain individuals trying to use this forum to preach hate, misunderstanding, and intolerance. For those so-called pretend Christians who are so close-minded they refuse to see the light of day. I have a present for you.

http://www.jesusdressup.com/number2.html

May you drown in your bigotry and hate.

Skorian said:
I am honestly sick of hearing certain individuals trying to use this forum to preach hate, misunderstanding, and intolerance. For those so-called pretend Christians who are so close-minded they refuse to see the light of day. I have a present for you.

http://www.jesusdressup.com/number2.html

May you drown in your bigotry and hate.

Was that a pathetic attempt to offend Skorian :p

You got it wrong, only muslims be offending by silly things like that.

I quite like the dress up jesus :D thanks for the link.

btw how old are you dude :p

Im not preaching hate, im just saying the truth.
Show me my mistake then i'll gladly correct it and apologise :)

I just looked for a few funny Mohammed pictures, and i found quite a few.
But i would never sink that low to actually post them :p

Im a full grown man and i'd like to stay that way.

Latest posts

Back