What romantic things are women known for?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trust me, I am no expert but even I know every woman is different. Because if one woman is more receptive of being romanced and does not return the gesture it does not mean that the next one will do the exact same thing.

But, hhmmmm. As far as being romanced you mean for her to put on sexy lingerie, nice perfume, a mask of a young Heather Locklear, stop talking, and just continually make yes sounds to everything. Yeah, that would work. :)

Hey, I've bought tools and offered to use them myself. It just causes a panic attack.
Silly woman!!!!!!!!!

He means these:
iu

Not these:
iu

BTW, low speeds reduce possible panic attacks. ;)

life isn't fair
Terrible dissmissive excuse for anything when someone points out how broken society is..

I mean, I'm not expecting this thread to promote nation wide change, but how hard is it to agree on something as simple as equal treatment?

getting some.
Comments like this are why feminists came up with the term 'incel'..
No offence man but do you actually know any women? I've known a few and this is about as far from my experience as you can get.
Ok.. 'a few' out of seven billion? Let's only base our statistical models on people we know.. this is why I started with not inputting personal experiences, because 5-10 (or even several thousand) people outta billions, isn't even worth mentioning in a serious conversation.
Trust me, I am no expert but even I know every woman is different. Because if one woman is more receptive of being romanced and does not return the gesture it does not mean that the next one will do the exact same thing.
I know people are different, I'm not trying to stereotype. I'm just talking about this overly common trope, in which men must be the ones to 'win a woman's heart'.. because it largely devalues men in general. Feminists claim to want equality, but I don't believe we'll ever be close to equal until this trope is done away with, or at least diminished.

But, hhmmmm. As far as being romanced you mean for her to put on sexy lingerie, nice perfume, a mask of a young Heather Locklear, stop talking, and just continually make yes sounds to everything. Yeah, that would work. :)
Sigh... yea.. this mentality can take a hike as well.. even as a dude that's been mistaken for misogynistic as many times as I have, I'm getting sick to death of seeing women getting sexualized.. and worse yet, of the majority of people acting like it's OK/normal..

How would you like to be romanced?
This actually is a very valid question in the context of this conversation. My first thought was, umm.. at all would be nice..

But more on point, everyone likes food, take me out for a nice meal. Buy me something I like .etc.

Honestly it's difficult to put the concept of romancing a man into serious terms because only women have been romanced for so long, that the entire concept of romance has been built around feminine wants and needs.

Also too many men have been brought up to be sexist pigs that only see women as walking, talking sex dolls.. and it isn't helped that a lot of the women out there seem to actually want to portray that look.. I mean, it's bad when the make up on their face weighs more than the clothes they're wearing..

Ok.. 'a few' out of seven billion? Let's only base our statistical models on people we know.. this is why I started with not inputting personal experiences, because 5-10 (or even several thousand) people outta billions, isn't even worth mentioning in a serious conversation.
and it isn't helped that a lot of the women out there seem to actually want to portray that look.. I mean, it's bad when the make up on their face weighs more than the clothes they're wearing..
How many out of 7 billion exactly wear so much make up it weighs more than their clothes?

only women have been romanced for so long, that the entire concept of romance has been built around feminine wants and needs.
How did you arrive at this conclusion?

My next important question is:

Can you receive these things without turning to the resentful sounding thoughts of, "she's only doing this for her personal gain, etc etc"? Part of having someone give to you genuinely, is actually being able to receive genuinely.

This conversations not really about romance, I think we all know that.

For me romance is a quality of excitement or mystery connected with an experience or place.

Romance comes from Roman, and first meant a story translated into French from Latin, usually about the amorous adventures of chivalrous knights, which is how romances came to be associated with love stories. Now it's used to mean a love relationship, in a story or not. The Romance languages are those derived from Latin. If you romance a tale, you exaggerate it, and if you romance a person, you're making advances.

How many out of 7 billion exactly wear so much make up it weighs more than their clothes?

How did you arrive at this conclusion?
Obviously the make-up to clothing ratio was exaggerated, lol.. but as for women that cake on way more make up than what's needed, and wear clothing that needlessly shows off their cleavage, I'd say a more than valid percentage for the purpose of making a point in this convo. I mean, entire fashion industries have been built around these concepts.

As for how I arrived at the aforementioned conclusion; nothing in this thread has proven otherwise, nor has anything that I've seen from mainstream mentality or the mainstream media.

My next important question is:

Can you receive these things without turning to the resentful sounding thoughts of, "she's only doing this for her personal gain, etc etc"? Part of having someone give to you genuinely, is actually being able to receive genuinely.
What would she recieve that he doesn't if he's the one doing the romancing, or vice versa?

This conversations not really about romance, I think we all know that.

For me romance is a quality of excitement or mystery connected with an experience or place.

Romance comes from Roman, and first meant a story translated into French from Latin, usually about the amorous adventures of chivalrous knights, which is how romances came to be associated with love stories. Now it's used to mean a love relationship, in a story or not. The Romance languages are those derived from Latin. If you romance a tale, you exaggerate it, and if you romance a person, you're making advances.
And this is nothing but misdirection. You're not invalidating my point by explaining the history of the term 'romance'. Why should a man have to win a woman's heart, but not the other way around?

I mean, sure, the driving point may be around inequality between the sexes, but the centerpiece of the convo is still 'romance'.

To be honest I can't think of anything worse than being romanced by a woman, it'd be kinda creepy innit?
Would it?

I mean if the attention is wanted I imagine most guys would be incredibly flattered as well as flawed since it never happens... and even if it isn't, as long as they aren't pushy or weird about it I wouldn't be creeped out.

Yep both. Women require excitement, romance and proceived caring to win their hearts. Men require food, sex, and enough alone time to watch sports on TV. TV, the fridge, and the Interent have my heart. There's no room left for a woman. :)

Fairly certain that for a relationship to work at all, BOTH parties have to win the other's heart......No relationship=no romance.

That seems right to me. It starts with the mutual interest in each other and then it progresses.

Again, please this is coming from me and I am no expert but romancing to me has nothing to do with dollars and cents or what you look like. It comes from your heart. A smile from the woman that you are interested in when you walk in a room is something you cannot put a price on. That's a form of romancing. It's a way of showing your interest in the other person.

Fairly certain that for a relationship to work at all, BOTH parties have to win the other's heart......No relationship=no romance.
The way it should be? Yes. But due to the other things mentioned, it seems the mainstream mentality in society is that women are often treated like a sex-prize in return for meeting her expectations.

Way too much of relationships revolve around sex, and that's why people put so much emphasis on looks(ie: "love at first sight" cuz ya obviously know their entire personality from their looks..).

Then people wonder why the majority of relationships don't work out..

Even long term relationships like my grandparents. They barely talk to one another, and when they do, it's just dry banter about current news..

Real romance between a couple should be full of mutually beneficial intellectual simulation. As well as a bit if goofy mischief to spice things up.

Though keeping in mind, this conversation is more about the act of romancing, rather than the state of 'romance' itself.

Side note: I'm honestly sick to death of the push from society, towards looks, sex, drugs(in a more low-key sense due to the illegality of illicit substances), and alcohol consumption..

Again, please this is coming from me and I am no expert but romancing to me has nothing to do with dollars and cents or what you look like. It comes from your heart. A smile from the woman that you are interested in when you walk in a room is something you cannot put a price on. That's a form of romancing. It's a way of showing your interest in the other person.
I get a smile from a girl every time I buy something at the store.. pretty sure they ain't interested in me though, since that's their job..

Side note: I wish there was a way to tell in those cases.. cuz I have gotten a hint of a feeling that there may have been more, from a person or two in CSR jobs over the years, but it's too awkward since they coulda just been especially good at their jobs..

Seriously though, I think that's a terrible way to perceive that. And (come to think of it), that's probably why women have been getting stupid about guys asking them to smile..

Just cuz a woman smiles, doesn't mean she's into you. It could be that she's just being nice (as opposed to giving you the classic 'resting ***** face').

And obviously romance doesn't require money, but it's still more than a bit one sided when you've got to do so much to make her happy, but all she has to do is smile..

And another thing I've been noticing as a general trend in the stuff that I've been watching on tv and movies, but also in my own life, and what I've seen from others..

Women are far more picky and seem worse with commitment. 500 days of summer, being a primary, glarring example for any who have seen that.

Also guys are typically the ones expected to propose marriage.

So in other words, when she doesn't tear you a new one for taking time to yourself and not making everything about her?

Man relationships are one sided in terms of the effort put in..

Female 'romance' is the woman taking care of herself (hair, makeup, clothes .etc). Male romance is him taking care of her (dates, chocolates .etc)..

The largest amount of selfless effort put out by her is to stick her chest out and talk sexy when she sees a man she wants (most likely due to looks). Or buy him tools when she wants some time to herself. How romantic..

Just a few questions...

What do YOU do to romance some one?
I don't do anything... I don't date so I don't need to.
What is it that YOU (not every man in the world, just you) find attractive in a partner?
Do looks not play any part at all?
Do you truly believe romance is "selfless"? Or are the selfless males just trying to get laid?
Have you ever worn make up? Or some of the clothes that women do to make their man happy? Used a curling iron or any number of tools to make your hair look better? None of this would be how I would categorize "taking care of myself".
Zero effort is basically what I do. I don't wear makeup, I don't like it and it's not actually good for your skin.
I brush my hair and put it in a ponytail, or braid it... maximum effort. I don't like to do my hair up fancy, and again the tools we have to use for all (not to mention the heat, pulling, etc) that are damaging to your hair.
I've worn clothes for dating, slightly tight to draw attention but not so tight or revealing to make me look like a hooker... it's still uncomfortable af.
I prefer jeans or sweats and a tshirt. Not that I don't like nicer clothes... but I detest push up bras, form fitting anything, the control crap that mashes everything together to make you appear thinner, etc.
Now lets talk high heels, basically made to accentuate the butt and chest. I don't mind wearing them sometimes, but still I prefer sneakers...as heels hurt your feet after a while.

When women go to the trouble of doing all this extra honeysuckle... they aren't doing it for themselves. With exception... there are women out there that enjoy this kind of stuff. I'm just not one of them.

But that's not really how I would describe romance anyway. I feel like romance would be more of an intimate thing. Personalized for the couple. Thoughtful gestures that show you truly know and understand the other person. Which is why I feel like you are off base a bit in trying to generalize what women do and what men do and comparing it.

What sparked this anyway? Are you mad about something? Is there a specific person you want to be romantic with and you feel like it's not possible?

Latest posts

Back