what was the last movie you saw?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey what the heck? They changed Annikin Skywalker's apparition at the end from Sebastion Shaw to Hayden Christensen. Gee Harrison Ford was all over Carrie Fisher back then eh? I know they had an affair for a few months for a while, but he was still copping a feel in this one.

Unfortunately, yes, they did. Also, Han shot first.
Lucas did a lot of things with CG that fans didn't like that look out of place because the CG looks new compared to the older style of the filming itself and it just feels "off."
Unfortunately, that's just how they have been released for a couple decades now.
I forget the name of it but some film students took it upon themselves to doctor together unofficial releases of the films without all of the edits and extra stuff crammed in based off of some well kept VHS tapes and old reels as a restoration attempt for the originals.
Though I haven't seen it myself, I have seen some clips of it and the quality seems fine.
I just can't remember the name of the edition or how it was released.
The goofy thing is that at the time Lucas was very adamant about all the edits and additions being put in, and after the fanbase raged about it (and they did rage) he later subtly and underhanded admitted that he regrets doing it...but still won't undo it.

This Gun for Hire 1942 American FILM NOlR crime film directed by Frank Tuttle and starring Veronica Lake, Robert Preston, Laird Cregar, and Alan Ladd. It is based on the 1936 novel A Gun for Sale by Graham Greene (published in America with the same title as the film).

View attachment 8326 View attachment 8325
Watched that a while back.

This Gun for Hire (1942)

A001.jpg

The Bubble 1966 (Not sure if you can watch outside of Australia or how long movie will be available) A pilot, a woman who is in labour, and her husband are all trapped inside a plastic bubble with no apparent means of escape. Creepy. I was wondering how it would end. Kept me watching.

the bubble 1966.jpg

Last edited:
Cobweb (2023)

While not particularly scary, it is however fun.
Perhaps because it's my age, but horror movies about tortured children just don't really do anything for me.
HOWEVER, if they're done right, they are fun.
Cobweb is basically a modern throwback and mash up to a combination between The People Under The Stairs (1991) and The Ring (2002) with a tinge more of modern violence thrown in.
And while not particularly scary, if you want a fun Halloween horror for something new, I'm kinda cool with this one. I'll take it over The Black Phone (2021), which I didn't too much care for. I will admit however, that Cobweb does apply to a very niche audience, if you liked The People Under The Stairs or The Ring you'll probably like Cobweb. I am afraid however that the hype of it can easily kill it, so don't buy into reviews, just go in blind about it instead. It's not Stephen King's IT, or Hereditary, which are both probably actually scary, but it is enjoyable nevertheless.

What Happened To Monday 2017 (Not sure if you can watch outside of Australia or how long movie will be available) In a world where families are allowed only one child due to overpopulation, resourceful identical septuplets must avoid governmental execution and dangerous infighting while investigating the disappearance of one of their own. Noomi Rapace plays 7 roles, her own identical sisters.

WHTM 2017.jpg

The Whale (2022)

That is honestly probably one of the saddest movies I've ever seen. Largely because it's entirely too realistic with every single detail that went into it. It highlights a very realistic problem about the American obesity epidemic, with subtly implied undertones as to how and why people let themselves go like that. Most Americans are hopeless, and I don't mean about their health and weight-related issues, I mean they're hopeless about trying to find happiness in life beyond the threshold of their traumatic events that work against them. I watched this for two reasons, the first of which is a friend, the second of which is my mother.

You can't teach people an experience, is the thing. You can teach them literally everything else up until the point in which that they have an experience, but you cannot teach them the experience, they have to go and have the experience for themselves. Not all lessons can be taught, some have to be experienced.

Which is why Charlie in the movie, won't go to the hospital, and uses logical deductive reasoning for his justification. He's not wrong, it would cost him all of his money, America IS like that. Liz is also right, in that he'd at least be alive. His ex wife is also right in that he does make everything about himself, which is actually (though unknown to Charlie, though subtly implied) the source of his unhappiness which what triggers all of the mistakes in his life that he makes.

The film is very much about mind-body connectivity, and how the two things can work both for and against an individual entirely based upon the acceptance of the existence of mind-body connectivity. Perhaps the saddest part of the entire movie is that Charlie, is both 1.) pretty much a normal guy other than the fact that he's obese, and 2.) he is not wrong in his ideological justification and thinking. Yes, he fvcks his life up, and yes, he makes a lot of mistakes, but he's not actually a bad person. He's a troubled person, not a bad person. And part of the problem that society has, is trying to find the distinguishing point between the two things.

I will probably never watch this again. At least, not until after my mom passes from her own obesity. It's a great film, but it's also going to ruin your day because it's just that sad. It's also a trigger point for anybody that has any sort of bodily insecurities, and the film really rides that one home. It also heavily emphasizes and dramatizes the unfortunate reality that you cannot help someone who is unwilling to accept help.

The Mortal Storm (link to film) 1940 film starring James Stewart, Robert Young, Robert Stack and Margaret Sullavan. So many of the actors were born in the 19th century amazingly. Story - The Roth family have a decent living, and are a very close knit family. When the Nazi's came to power, the family gets divided and Martin Brietner, a family friend is caught up in the turmoil.

the mortal storm 1940.jpg

Rocketship X-M (link to film) 1950 colorised film. Hysterically ludicrous in its science lol, but worth watching, maybe. Could easily have been called "Indians on Mars" hahaha. Story - An astronaut crew on their way to the Moon (Lloyd Bridges, Osa Massen, John Emery, Noah Beery Jr., Hugh O'Brian) are unexpectedly thrown off course and end up on Mars instead.

MV5BZWE2ZTZiYzUtMWUxYi00NDI3LTliYjgtNjJhYjE2OWZhZTE1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUwMzI2NzU@._V1_FMjpg_UX1...jpg MV5BMzY1Nzc3NTgtMmUxMy00MGIwLWE0OTItY2ExZjU2NjE5NTFiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUwMDUwNA@@._V1_.jpg

Latest posts

Back