A "real man"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Real men and women are all over the place they just need to find the other real men and women who are a good fit for them. Some sensitive emo-dude is just as real as a cage fighter. We are all humans.

It's refreshing to see a guy who feels the way that you do. I know guys like that do exist and I happen to be with a guy who has most of the qualities that you do. I think personally a sign of a real man is one who is comfortable enough to show how he feels. One who doesn't feel the need to go on about other girls asses and boobs. One who will make the person that they are with feel secure and loved. I also agree with A Desolate Soul. You want someone who will stand up for you yet who is sensitive at the same time.

All of the things that you say you want is what most girls are looking for. So I'd say you are the real man.

Aimee

A new life said:
I must not be a “real man”
When other guys are disparaging some woman because her breasts aren’t very big
I’m wondering if she’s a sweet person.
When other guys are describing in graphic detail some sex act that begins with “how’d you like to…….”
I’m fantasizing about having my arms around her, or snuggling with her on the couch.
Don’t get me wrong, I want the body too, but my fantasies are about snuggling, and laughing,
a playful bite on the ear, giving and receiving little unexpected gifts, a woman’s hands on my face.

I haven't met an "unreal man" like you for a long time...unfortunately :(
Hope to meet one day......

To AimeeLou84 and Toulipan:
Thank you both for your kind comments.
You've given me something precious (a little hope)

Elgin said:
Real men and women are all over the place they just need to find the other real men and women who are a good fit for them. Some sensitive emo-dude is just as real as a cage fighter. We are all humans.

Right, no need to be too concerned about some others definition of "real".

edgecrusher said:
most guys think im crazy for saying that but i dont really care.

I would kill for a guy like you. o_o

Well, maybe not kill. :p You get what I mean. :p

A real man isn't afraid of being sexual but knows how to be discrete about his encounters.
A real man wants a woman who isn't afraid of being sexual but knows how to be discrete about her encounters.
A real man treats a woman with tenderness and respect, honor and loyalty and expects the same in return.
A real man is attentive to a woman's needs but doesn't forget to express/pursue his own needs.
A real man stands up for what he believes in and who he believes in.

A lot of people seem to think there is only two ways to be a man: Be all sensitive or be sexual. The truth of the matter is every last one of us is a mix of both. And to deny either half is to be half a man.

Man that's what's missing in my life. I can get laid that's not the problem. I just want the things you mentioned. When I find them I can't seem to keep them.

I don't ever think of using girls as sex toys. Never ever.

I agree with you, OP, wholeheartedly. I am the same. I just want a girl who loves me for everything I am (physical/emotional) not just physical.

What is sad ... I have always heard how women want a nice guy ... when they find one, they generally do not know what to do with them ... instead, they normally "friend zone" the nice guy, lean on them for emotional support, and ends up finding a bad boy ... *wash, rinse, & repeat all the while hurting the nice guy* ... for some reason, this has always been my experience 90 percent of the time and never worked for me being a nice guy.

***I do apologize for the over generalization, but it happened to me and other nice guys that i know over and over again.***

I'd love to say I'm exactly like you. But I won't until I've actually had a relationship.

You have my respect.

AimeeLou84 said:
One who doesn't feel the need to go on about other girls asses and boobs.

Most of the guys are like this - maybe not about asses and boobs but always 'oh this cute girl..or this hot girl, or this pretty girl etc etc.

Their problem : "HOW DO I GET A FREAKING PRETTY GIRL TO BE MY GF"

it can be hard trying to be "one of the boys" sometimes, when you consider yourself a relative gentleman. i've encountered a lot of obnoxious behaviour in the workplace, particularly

I never take it to heart, just deal with them on your own terms and let them get on with it. realise that someone, somewhere will eventually appreciate you for your effort. I've had women compliment me for this.

Latest posts

Back