Interesting study on attractiveness vs personality as first impression

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All men are bastards.
All men are only interested in sex.
All men are cheaters.
All men are liars.

OK, not really. I don't believe that at all.
But maybe that got someone's attention. Im about tired of some of the people in this thread stereotyping and thinking that their opinions (based on their experiences) makes something fact.
I want to pull my hair out when I read threads like this. :club:

Like VC said...you gatta change the way you think and feel about yourself...dude. Your beliefs.

Before i sign up on this site i was in a LTR...but it got toxic.
My exgf used to tell me stupid honeysuckle like.... I was too old. No one will love me, i wasnt good enough...ect
Lots of negative honeysuckle. I let her rent space in my fucken head...
Then I ran with it. Couple with lots of emotions such as guilt.
It became my own beliefs.
I felt fucken old , over the hill and all that good honeysuckle.
I push people away from me....
The felt hurted and angery too. More negative honeysuckle brewing inside of me.
I isloated myself, Obviously I wasnt too active. So I gain wieght too.
The more i sit around and did nothing...The more time I had to think of negative honeysuckle.
I felt old. I felt ugly. I thought women sucked ass. Life was unfair ...blah...blah..blah.

Whether it was my ex's fault or my fault...It didnt matter.
I was in a messed state of being.
She might had wreack the ship...but I was digging my own fucken grave.
I wasnt well...My fucken ego also had to get the fresia out of the way so I can heal.

Maybe a little bit to the extreem to some people. By fath..by chance...who the hell knows.
I dated this chick for 3-4 months. She was 19 . she's all woman. She was nice too.
Baby steps....IDK. She wanted to marry me too. She didnt care how old I was or my race...ect
We clicked and messed a lot. It was a part of my journey and healing.
It was about me letting go of some unworkable beliefs that wasnt doing me any good.
Nothing was set in stone...
leeanna4.jpg

BTW...she has a trampstamp on her ass that say " TRUST NO MAN" hahahahaaaaa

How i looked like when I was going out with her,....Im too sexy for my shirt :p
mike2.jpg

EveWasFramed said:
All men are bastards.
All men are cheaters.
All men are liars.

But maybe that got someone's attention. Im about tired of some of the people in this thread stereotyping and thinking that their opinions (based on their experiences) makes something fact.

+1
i agree

i keep seeing threads here generalizing and stereotyping people..
do you really think that any one group of people can be pidgeon holed like that?
30% think like this.. 95/100 think like that.. all females under 30 think like this...
you guys arent from Iran are you?
because i hear all Iranian men think like that!

Hank2 said:
EveWasFramed said:
All men are bastards.
All men are cheaters.
All men are liars.

+1
i agree

i keep seeing threads here generalizing and stereotyping people..
do you really think that any one group of people can be pidgeon holed like that?
30% think like this.. 95/100 think like that.. all females under 30 think like this...
you guys arent from Iran are you?
because i hear all Iranian men think like that!

*chokes laughing*

:cool: +10

all women like pizza

all women agree that red is their favorite color

all women secretly want to wear an bleached-blond permed mullet

all women would prefer to hop on one leg as opposed to walking

all women agree they would choose the left leg to hop on

i've saved the best for last:

all women will find total fulfillment when they date an outspokenly bitter and formerly fat man

If a woman was smart.
She wanna have my babies......
All my sperms make it super Models.
This way women can dominate the world.
neve the less...Im still King :p

LonelyInAtl said:

go, you might enjoy it !

EveWasFramed said:
All men are bastards.
All men are cheaters.
All men are liars.

don't pull your hair out. It will take ages to grow back !:)

putter65 said:
LonelyInAtl said:

go, you might enjoy it !

EveWasFramed said:
All men are bastards.
All men are cheaters.
All men are liars.

don't pull your hair out. It will take ages to grow back !:)

other people think their opinions are fact. What's the point in writing anything if you can't state your opinion ?

My opinion is : Women are mainly interested in looks. But that's not exactly correct because I really should put : The women I have known are mainly interested in looks. How do I know ? Because I have ears and eyes. This doesn't mean ALL women of course. It doesn't mean any women reading this. It's not a slur against them. It's not a critism, don't be offended. I am not getting at women in general. It's the women I have come across, met, met on dating sites, worked with or being friends with.

putter65 said:
other people think their opinions are fact. What's the point in writing anything if you can't state your opinion ?

My opinion is : Women are mainly interested in looks. But that's not exactly correct because I really should put : The women I have known are mainly interested in looks. How do I know ? Because I have ears and eyes. This doesn't mean ALL women of course. It doesn't mean any women reading this. It's not a slur against them. It's not a critism, don't be offended. I am not getting at women in general. It's the women I have come across, met, met on dating sites, worked with or being friends with.

Exactly, it is all in how you word what you say.

What gets me with these so called studies, it usually just focuses on a select group of people. Then they start slinging facts out. Oh, so you surveyed men and women in X location...which represents a very small portion of the worlds population. What I would like to see is someone conduct a study that included every single person on this planet. That would give you better stats.

putter65 said:

it may not be that the women you have known where mainly interested in looks either..
maybe they just weren't interested in your looks.
I don't mean that as an insult, but just to say that all individuals have varying tastes and part of the trick to connecting with someone is to find someone that reciprocates your feelings.

also, "looks" are not gauged by the shape of your face as much, but grooming and how you carry yourself.
we have all seen girls that can look amazing when they are all dolled up for the red carpet, but then look like a bag lady when caught in a T-shirt on a sunday afternoon. same thing goes for guys.

Sci-Fi said:
putter65 said:

Exactly, it is all in how you word what you say.

What gets me with these so called studies, it usually just focuses on a select group of people. Then they start slinging facts out. Oh, so you surveyed men and women in X location...which represents a very small portion of the worlds population. What I would like to see is someone conduct a study that included every single person on this planet. That would give you better stats.

yes magazines and papers are full of facts and stats about dating etc. I don't take a great deal of notice to be honest.

putter65 said:

A very good clarification there. :D

Hank2 said:
putter65 said:

it may not be that the women you have known where mainly interested in looks either..
maybe they just weren't interested in your looks.
I don't mean that as an insult, but just to say that all individuals have varying tastes and part of the trick to connecting with someone is to find someone that reciprocates your feelings.

also, "looks" are not gauged by the shape of your face as much, but grooming and how you carry yourself.
we have all seen girls that can look amazing when they are all dolled up for the red carpet, but then look like a bag lady when caught in a T-shirt on a sunday afternoon. same thing goes for guys.

yes agree with most of that

EveWasFramed said:
putter65 said:

A very good clarification there. :D

so your not going to pull your hair out ?
Hope not !

any time you utilize language that seems to intentionally make a blanket statement about an entire class of people in a negative light, it IS a slur

saying it's not, doesn't make it so

what it does show is passive-aggression (which MANY women also find unattractive)

Trent said:
any time you utilize language that seems to intentionally make a blanket statement about an entire class of people in a negative light, it IS a slur

saying it's not, doesn't make it so

what it does show is passive-aggression (which MANY women also find unattractive)

pickle off you boring person !

Latest posts

Back