This is why it sucks.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zed

Reaction score
Went to another speed dating event on 1-14. This one was a freebie because I didn't get picked last time.

Anyhow, the more I go to singles events without getting picked, the more I learn and the more experience I gain... but I keep coming back to the same conclusion: women need to stop being hung up on tradition and start asking men out. I have this theory that OLD wouldn't suck so badly if women made the first move at least 1/2 the time. Imagine that, there'd be a lot less complaining that the good men are so hard to find. No guts = no guy... no wonder! This isn't the 1950s, but a lot of people sure wish it was.

One of the women I talked to at the latest event was adamant that the man should always make the first move. I started to wonder, what would these "lonely" women do if men stopped hitting on them at all, or all bought life-size love dolls or something? Would these women still insist on being lonely rather than say the heck with tradition and start initiating convo with men at singles events? Seems like these women are relying too much on ESP.

Anyhow, the mainstream dating scene doesn't frustrate me so much anymore since I started a new meetup group for asexual/celibate/virgin (ACV) singles. Not only have the female members turned out to be very knowledgeable about the difference between love and sex (we're not talking the sort of neanderthal sex-junkies who haunt the singles & dating boards), but it remains to be seen if the people in the group will realize a different dynamic is at work because most of the men aren't looking for quickie sex. This may one day be the turning point...

BTW I've given serious thought to buying one of those life-size love dolls, but starting the new meetup group has pretty much put the kibosh on that.

Whoa guys lets not go there okay. We men can be just as bad if not worse sometimes. I've known enough women who said they would have asked a guy out but don't because they weren't sure if he was interested and didn't want to make a fool of themselves. And I know plenty of guys who use dating sites searching for the "hot girl" or "easy girl". The sexes are pretty equal when it comes to dating and bad behavior.

I'm just saying... if you get Tinder and just swipe right you'll have girls that initiate sometimes. That or the other people that use the same strategy >>

Zed said:
Went to another speed dating event on 1-14. This one was a freebie because I didn't get picked last time.

Anyhow, the more I go to singles events without getting picked, the more I learn and the more experience I gain... but I keep coming back to the same conclusion: women need to stop being hung up on tradition and start asking men out. I have this theory that OLD wouldn't suck so badly if women made the first move at least 1/2 the time. Imagine that, there'd be a lot less complaining that the good men are so hard to find. No guts = no guy... no wonder! This isn't the 1950s, but a lot of people sure wish it was.

One of the women I talked to at the latest event was adamant that the man should always make the first move. I started to wonder, what would these "lonely" women do if men stopped hitting on them at all, or all bought life-size love dolls or something? Would these women still insist on being lonely rather than say the heck with tradition and start initiating convo with men at singles events? Seems like these women are relying too much on ESP.

Anyhow, the mainstream dating scene doesn't frustrate me so much anymore since I started a new meetup group for asexual/celibate/virgin (ACV) singles. Not only have the female members turned out to be very knowledgeable about the difference between love and sex (we're not talking the sort of neanderthal sex-junkies who haunt the singles & dating boards), but it remains to be seen if the people in the group will realize a different dynamic is at work because most of the men aren't looking for quickie sex. This may one day be the turning point...

BTW I've given serious thought to buying one of those life-size love dolls, but starting the new meetup group has pretty much put the kibosh on that.

So did you get picked the second time ?

You are brave going to a speed dating event, I don't think I would have the courage. I think I would enjoy talking to the women there but I would feel inferior to the other guys. I would be very surprized if I ever got picked.

Women do ask men out. In fact most couples I know, the woman asked the man out.

I would try a speed dating event if there was one for my age range. It couldn't be any worse than internet dating.

Hey Tina why not organise one? Could make a proceeds go to chairty thing :). Just an idea?

Latest posts

Back