Women less forgiving towards unattractive men.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we arguing ?

A group of very clever people did a study and came to some conclusions.
We have to take these as FACT.
I know some of you don't like it but it's the truth.
Dozens more studies will come up with the same results.
Show me a study that says anything different.

I've been trying to stay out of this thread but :rolleyes:

It is not fact, it is based on a very small percentage of people. Anyone can manipulate their results so the study shows exactly what they want. This was pointed out before in the last thread. How about a completely unbiased study which includes all people from all walks of life from around the world with different backgrounds, opinions, social circles, with a much larger group of people, etc.

This is not fact, no matter how you all who want to say it is or spin it. You can not take it as fact, if you do you are only looking for something that validates your own "truth" and no one else.

I get so sick of seeing these threads where the usual people come in to argue or run the sexes down.

Not even going to bother to read the article. What is attractive anyway? Having a kind heart or a fit body? Honestly, how does this conclusion help anyone? It reinforces men's mistrust of women or makes them feel worse about whatever self-image issues they have. It's just the flip side of women who think men only want them for their looks.

In the end, you just need to find one person who thinks the world of you and one you feel the same about. If they're that shallow, then they probably aren't for you.

It really wasn't meant to be men vs women when I posted the thread. I stated in the original post and in a later post that if you reversed the genders you would probably get the same results. This study just happened to have the genders this way.

We all know what is traditionally attractive and what society generally sees as physically attractive in a man. Don't act like it's some mystery.

The conclusion isn't about helping or hurting anyone. It's about figuring out how society works. Just like any other sociology study. It's about learning how people are treated differently based on their looks. It's that simple.

Check your attraction privilege please. I'm seeing a lot of attractionsplaining. Also stop judging the transattractives. They are born feeling how they feel and can't help that they feel unattractive inside of their attractive bodies.

As a white man in his 20s in the United States, I can finally join the victim culture. Don't invalidate my experience by attacking this study please. It's hateful.

lonelypanda said:
ladyforsaken said:
I have been told I was ugly to my face, in public, by a random stranger. It wasn't even just some kid trying to annoy me. It was an adult who seemed quite well versed.

That doesn't make it true, I've been called ugly before and I don't think I'm ugly. I've also been called fat, more than once and im not even fat. I think some people just want to tear you down because their miserable. I always think 2 things in situations like that. 1, everybody is ugly to somebody and 2, people who talk like that are rotten ass people and I thank God I wasn't born with a nasty heart like that. I know it's really hard not to let it get it to you, because I've had people point out my flaws to my face before and it really hurts, but getting down on yourself is letting those nasty people win and have that power over you.

I couldn't have said it better. A lot of it is people just trying to tear others down, for whatever reason.

kamya said:
It really wasn't meant to be men vs women when I posted the thread. I stated in the original post and in a later post that if you reversed the genders you would probably get the same results. This study just happened to have the genders this way.

We all know what is traditionally attractive and what society generally sees as physically attractive in a man. Don't act like it's some mystery.

The conclusion isn't about helping or hurting anyone. It's about figuring out how society works. Just like any other sociology study. It's about learning how people are treated differently based on their looks. It's that simple.

Check your attraction privilege please. I'm seeing a lot of attractionsplaining. Also stop judging the transattractives. They are born feeling how they feel and can't help that they feel unattractive inside of their attractive bodies.

As a white man in his 20s in the United States, I can finally join the victim culture. Don't invalidate my experience by attacking this study please. It's hateful.

I already said it was essentially the same as women who complain about men only caring about their looks. I don't understand what is helpful about thinking about yourself as a victim. If it helps you in some way, fine. I'm not what society terms as beautiful. I know that. I don't have any privilege, I just choose to live my life differently. It is in no way hateful and I'll tell you now, as a woman, I wouldn't want a guy who might choose me because he thinks he can't do better because he's unattractive. That just demeans both parties. I don't know how you will use this study, but I hope you can turn it into a positive.

ladyforsaken said:
I have been told I was ugly to my face, in public, by a random stranger. It wasn't even just some kid trying to annoy me. It was an adult who seemed quite well versed.

That doesn't necessarily mean anything, some people just get off by hurting others.

kamya said:

ha nice satirical take on the 'mansplaining'/privilege themes.

I meant called ugly by friends and family. I've been called ugly by strangers too, but your close ones are the ones who can't be honest.

P
Sci-Fi said:
I've been trying to stay out of this thread but :rolleyes:

It is not fact, it is based on a very small percentage of people. Anyone can manipulate their results so the study shows exactly what they want. This was pointed out before in the last thread. How about a completely unbiased study which includes all people from all walks of life from around the world with different backgrounds, opinions, social circles, with a much larger group of people, etc.

This is not fact, no matter how you all who want to say it is or spin it. You can not take it as fact, if you do you are only looking for something that validates your own "truth" and no one else.

I get so sick of seeing these threads where the usual people come in to argue or run the sexes down.

Couldn't have said it better, thank you.

These types of threads only shows all our bitterness for the other sex. ALL my experiences with men were & are painful & heartbreaking, but I wouldn't take that out on ALL men...in person or online. It's just rude & wont help to make friends...or relationships. The negativity expressed on these types of threads are probably seeping into your daily lives & people can pick up easily on that whether you think you don't show it or not. That is fact.

BreakingtheGirl said:

These types of threads only shows all our bitterness for the other sex. ALL my experiences with men were & are painful & heartbreaking, but I wouldn't take that out on ALL men...in person or online. It's just rude & wont help to make friends...or relationships. The negativity expressed on these types of threads are probably seeping into your daily lives & people can pick up easily on that whether you think you don't show it or not. That is fact.

That can come across like a form of shaming or a veiled threat. "Don't think this or you'll be alone forever"

Someone who's had relationships has no concept of what it's like to be considered unsuitable from such a common human experience due to factors outside their control.

ardour said:
BreakingtheGirl said:

That can come across like a form of shaming or a veiled threat. "Don't think this or you'll be alone forever"

Someone who's had relationships has no concept of what it's like to be considered unsuitable from such a common human experience due to factors outside their control.

I'm sorry, but you can take anything & choose to see it any way you want to. I stated a fact & that's it. I would say the same thing to myself (which I do), a friend, my mother, and the pope. Its not fair to generalize every woman based on social experiment results. Some ladies on this forum are trying to be genuine, but getting shot down instantly or being accused of lying. They are trying to help or give advice but it's damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Generalizations matter. Right or wrong, we base many things off of generalizations from studies based on every kind of demographic measure possible. You can nitpick with anecdotal statements and use all the NTS arguments you want but it doesn't change the value of generalizations in sociology, and sciences. Generalizations play a huge role in policy making and in changing society.

Whether the results of these kinds of studies are used in a moral and just way have nothing to do with the results of the data in the first place. There is nothing wrong about the generalizing itself.

Not all men are rapists or sexual predators yet when I first started university why did I have to sit through a mandatory class only required for men that focused on preventing myself from raping someone?

Why do Mr Trump's ratings skyrocket the day after saying that we need to temporarily stop letting all Muslims into the country until we learn how to profile them correctly? I've seen a few members of the forum here make that argument as well. How many Muslims are terrorists? Is it even one thousandth of a percent?

Generalizations only seem to be bad around here if they involve anything about gender. This thread wasn't even meant to be about gender. You guys made it this way.

If the aim of this thread was to whine about women and make women seem terrible with some kind of bullshit random online "study" I would have posted this instead. But that's not what I was trying to do and it wasn't the point I made in the original post.

BreakingtheGirl said:
I'm sorry, but you can take anything & choose to see it any way you want to. I stated a fact & that's it. I would say the same thing to myself (which I do), a friend, my mother, and the pope. Its not fair to generalize every woman based on social experiment results. Some ladies on this forum are trying to be genuine, but getting shot down instantly or being accused of lying. They are trying to help or give advice but it's damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Amen.

And so it continues. If only we had a rep system so such empty and useless posts didn't have to be made. ;)

You guys have all missed the point.

So calling everyone's posts empty and useless is going to help. If everyone has missed the point the please enlighten everyone to what exactly your point was.

The first statement was specifically directed towards the post just before mine, not everyone's.

Anyone with a reading comprehension that is beyond a 3rd grade level would be able to read my previous posts and see the point I was trying to make. There is nothing else that needs to be said to "enlighten" anyone.

Actually, I'm fairly attractive myself, but I'm broke and living with my parents, and that is also pretty unforgivable, to at least 75% of women. So it's not just about looks, they want the total package, looks AND money. Sure I can probably get ugly or average women, but I have weird high standards, so I'd rather be alone than with an ugly girl.

Keeper Shaman said:
Sure I can probably get ugly or average women, but I have weird high standards, so I'd rather be alone than with an ugly girl.

That's not really a nice thing to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back