Women less forgiving towards unattractive men.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VanillaCreme said:
Keeper Shaman said:
VanillaCreme said:
Keeper Shaman said:
My brother is a good looking broke guy, he was just telling me about dating a hot rich girl recently. About one month into the relationship she told him she wanted kids/commitment. He said wtf, it's been one month and we hardly even know each other.....so she said okay you're right. Then on the 1 year mark she gave him an ultimatum of getting married or it's over.....he said it's over..... but anyways, hot rich girls just care about the guy's looks. Girls want looks and money, but if they already have the money they just want looks....or "superior genes" I guess?

If she cared so much about looks, and if your brother is so good looking, she would have stayed with him regardless. But she didn't just care about his good looks. She wanted a family, something he didn't want to give her. Which means that it had nothing to do with his looks, and negates anything you've said thus far.

I'm sorry but that does not negate what I said. If she ONLY wanted a family and commitment then she could easily find any guy, but she wants to have kids with a guy who looks good, so her kids will look good.....she wants good looks.

The kids and commitment is just because her clock is ticking, but she won't settle with an ugly guy for that.

No, it totally negates what you said. She wasn't going to settle for any guy who wasn't going to be in the same book as she was, regardless of looks. If looks mattered more to her than starting a family, then she would have stayed with your good looking brother. But they don't, so she didn't.

No the only thing I said was that girls who have money care about looks. The only thing that would negate that would be if she married an ugly guy. I don't see your logic, because she won't have a family with an ugly guy. She is going to look for another good looking guy who is willing to give her kids. Good looking is always going to be part of her equation, so I don't see your point.

Keeper Shaman said:
Talk is cheap, actions speak louder than words. You didn't actually live in a box on the streets, so it doesn't mean much to say it, at least to me. I know I'm giving you all a bad taste in your mouth with my realism, but this is what I see in the world today, with real life stories.

You don't know what I've done and haven't done. You don't know where I've been or where I've lived, so how exactly do you know my actions don't back up what I say?

But yeah, that's YOUR OWN realism, it's what YOU choose to believe, that doesn't make it truth.

Keeper Shaman said:
No the only thing I said was that girls who have money care about looks. The only thing that would negate that would be if she married an ugly guy. I don't see your logic, because she won't have a family with an ugly guy. She is going to look for another good looking guy who is willing to give her kids. Good looking is always going to be part of her equation, so I don't see your point.

Explain why you are such an authority on what this girl is going to do?

TheRealCallie said:
Keeper Shaman said:

Explain why you are such an authority on what this girl is going to do?

Explain whether or not you really lived in a box first. Talk is cheap, I'm just telling stories of what actually happened, the actions that people took, not just what they said they "would" do, but what they actually did.

Keeper Shaman said:
Explain whether or not you really lived in a box first. Talk is cheap, I'm just telling stories of what actually happened, the actions that people took, not just what they said they "would" do, but what they actually did.

What does living in a box have to do with anything?

Nicolelt said:
Keeper Shaman said:

Because I said that I told my ex I would live in a box with him, as long as we were happy.

But no, I didn't "live" in a box with him. HE was homeless for a while though, it was before I was out of high school. I would sneak out and go stay with him for most of the night.

Going back to the OP.
That is your point of view. We are hard wired on instinct regardless of how much you want to think that is mind over matter. There are matters that mind cannot control.
The mating instinct dictates to get the best offspring. To some that means the most intelligent to others it means the most manly man.
Majority of people run on pure instinct thus first impressions matter aka your looks.
Also the people who think they are unattractive need to use their IQ a bit... hair style change, grow a beard or something. When I don't care about myself I look like "whatever". Let my hair grow a bit and a goatee and women turn their heads.

red guy said:
Going back to the OP.
That is your point of view. We are hard wired on instinct regardless of how much you want to think that is mind over matter. There are matters that mind cannot control.
The mating instinct dictates to get the best offspring. To some that means the most intelligent to others it means the most manly man.
Majority of people run on pure instinct thus first impressions matter aka your looks.
Also the people who think they are unattractive need to use their IQ a bit... hair style change, grow a beard or something. When I don't care about myself I look like "whatever". Let my hair grow a bit and a goatee and women turn their heads.

I agree with this, it is about looks, but it's all subjective.

I know soooooo many women that hate beards....but I think they are sexy as hell. For example.

TheRealCallie said:
Nicolelt said:
Keeper Shaman said:

Because I said that I told my ex I would live in a box with him, as long as we were happy.

But no, I didn't "live" in a box with him. HE was homeless for a while though, it was before I was out of high school. I would sneak out and go stay with him for most of the night.

Well then I was right, and that should give me more credibility as an "authority" on this matter, though I never meant to come across authoritatively. Perhaps it's my speech patterns and sounding too definite in my assertions, but regardless, I was right.

In all honesty you seem like a pretty crazy lady and the more you tell about yourself, the less I want to take you seriously.

Uh oh, I have a sixth sense or something that this thread will be closing in a New York minute...

-Teresa

Keeper Shaman said:
In all honesty you seem like a pretty crazy lady and the more you tell about yourself, the less I want to take you seriously.

YOU JUST JOINED HERE AND NOW YOU ARE CALLING NAMES?? YOU'VE GOT TWENTY-NINE POSTS HERE SO FAR. I HAVEN'T TAKEN YOU SERIOUS YET.

EITHER YOU ARE SOMEONE WITH A NEW SCREEN NAME AND AN OLD GRUDGE AGAINST HER OR A NEW PERSON WHO JUST WANTS TO SEE HOW MUCH HE CAN GET AWAY WITH BEFORE BEING SHOWN THE DOOR.

WHATEVER IT IS IT IS NOT FUNNY.

Yep, pretty much had it with the insults going on and gender stereotyping.

As a warning, next time someone makes a thread about these so called studies it will be closed. A tiny percentage of people does not a study make on an entire gender of which there are billions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back