Is there any point in trying to date if you are ugly?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SophiaGrace said:
Glasses? + 2 hotness points in my book!

I knew I liked you!
smiley-with-glasses28.gif

EveWasFramed said:
blackdot said:
But then I can't see how wearing my glasses would make me any more undesirable. *laughs*

I still can't see why you think you're not attractive to the opposite sex, BD. I've seen pics of you and I think you look perfectly fine.

*laughs*
but people that think I look perfectly fine also have no interest in dating me. ha ha ha!

SophiaGrace said:
Glasses? + 2 hotness points in my book!

I always thought it gave +2 INT. (This is for any gamers out there.)

blackdot said:
*laughs*
but people that think I look perfectly fine also have no interest in dating me. ha ha ha!
OK then...change your strategy. :cool: Find someone who doesnt like the way you look.

Moe said:
Glasses look "hot" on people who are already good looking.

It depends on the style of glasses,'shape and width etc, I have seen beautiful people wearing glasses that are totaly wrong for them and make them look unattractive, especialy when the magnification is strong it makes their eyes appear bigger than they naturaly are.
But guys if u feel ur unattractive no matter what u wear, then I'd suggest concentrating on inner beauty, because it can make some one who dsnt fit society's image of beautiful very attractive, you ever see a couple & think wow whats that guy/girl doing with him/her, that person's hot!! & could do so much better, well nine times out of ten its because that person is the ''so much better'' that person makes them feel like no other person can, that person is so beautiful on the inside it over rides the flaws they have on the outside, most beautiful people have the same complexes if not worse than unattractive people, if you make someone feel loved & cherished despite the flaws they see in themselves they tend to then look past the flaws in you too & whole heartedly see you & love you for who you are.

EveWasFramed said:
blackdot said:
*laughs*
OK then...change your strategy. :cool: Find someone who doesnt like the way you look.

Haha! That's the best response!

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Thanks so much for making me feel like honeysuckle.
Not sure why your taking this comment to heart so much; unless you derive your self-esteem from the fact that 2 lenses sit in front of your face. I'm just going by what I've seen.

PrinceOfPeace said:
It depends on the style of glasses,'shape and width etc, I have seen beautiful people wearing glasses that are totaly wrong for them and make them look unattractive, especialy when the magnification is strong it makes their eyes appear bigger than they naturaly are.
But guys if u feel ur unattractive no matter what u wear, then I'd suggest concentrating on inner beauty, because it can make some one who dsnt fit society's image of beautiful very attractive, you ever see a couple & think wow whats that guy/girl doing with him/her, that person's hot!! & could do so much better, well nine times out of ten its because that person is the ''so much better'' that person makes them feel like no other person can, that person is so beautiful on the inside it over rides the flaws they have on the outside, most beautiful people have the same complexes if not worse than unattractive people, if you make someone feel loved & cherished despite the flaws they see in themselves they tend to then look past the flaws in you too & whole heartedly see you & love you for who you are.
You make some good points there. Well said.

I agree, basing your self-esteem on your appearance is shallow whether you're good-looking or not-so-good-looking.

Being ugly doesn't hold you back from anything, but feeling ugly can be destructive as hell if you dwell on it too much. I have wayyy too many moments of catching myself in the mirror and just thinking "You are garbage" and it's all based on my looks. I let it consume me even though intellectually I know it's just my mind playing tricks on me. My mind is really fuckin good at tricks though. REALLY good.

Among the Sleep said:
Being ugly doesn't hold you back from anything, but feeling ugly can be destructive as hell if you dwell on it too much. I have wayyy too many moments of catching myself in the mirror and just thinking "You are garbage" and it's all based on my looks. I let it consume me even though intellectually I know it's just my mind playing tricks on me. My mind is really fuckin good at tricks though. REALLY good.

True, I've known many unattractive people who were very confident & socially adept. I admire such people, but I don't understand how they can be like that & I can't. I've had plenty of people who've encouraged me throughout my life, telling me that I look fine or that looks don't matter. It never makes a difference though.

I go through spells of being comfortable with my looks, but then my mind starts to wander & do its thing. I therefore get what you're saying about your mind playing tricks. Notwithstanding my sincerest efforts, I always go back to being obsessed about my looks. It's frustrating really, the fact that I keep losing to myself. :(:rolleyes:

At least if you get someone who's ugly, no one else will want them. And you get to have them all to yourself. Win-win I say, says the person who snatched up someone who is incapable of being around other human beings in a sociable manner. Yes!

Well it definitely is an up-side to having your girlfriend be hit by on every guy in the vicinity. Ugh.

Is there any point? Hmm, I suppose that depends on how one views the situation. For the record, I don't consider myself to be physically attractive. I'm short, skinny, pale, I have psoriasis, and I have bad skin in several locations no matter what I do, which is something I seem to have inherited from my father. However, I value the inner workings of the mind far more than the outer appearance of the body, so it doesn't usually get to me.

Do I think there's any point? Personally, I do, since there are people out there who don't put all that much emphasis on looks. I tentatively accepted the idea that if I can find friends, it's also possible for me to find a romantic partner. That idea was vindicated when someone who was initially a friend became more than a friend over time. It was primarily a meeting of the minds that drew us together, but, to my surprise, they apparently think I'm attractive as well. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose.

Anyways, that's my two cents.

I suppose I am way too hard on myself.

I just find it impossible that someone will find me attractive...I suppose because I don't find myself attractive.

I don't know how to change this.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I suppose I am way too hard on myself.

I just find it impossible that someone will find me attractive...I suppose because I don't find myself attractive.

I don't know how to change this.

Try to stop caring about it so much.

I know I am not ugly. I used to get called "cute" a lot. The problem is that being cute is like a disease. I find it worse than being ugly.

Latest posts

Back