If your your an average guy, things suck, and theres nothing you can do

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sort of still exists today: The Amish.

It seemed to work out just fine for them.

They stayed true to their customs and ancestors.

I'd churn butter with the best of them if I could.
No Motley Crue.
I don't get how you can call that a life. 😉

So we have an Amish community in the next county. Its a big one, really cool. You just drive around and they have these wooden signs indicating what they are selling. If you've never been to one, it can feel a bit intrusive at first. Its always the women and girls and boy children under like 12. Always bare footed, only the women talk and thats minimal, everything smells amazing and always immaculate. They literally make everything from soap and candles to preserves and jellies, furniture, storage buildings. Really amazing. They ride around in their horse drawn buggies. We have the black covered wagons here. The color of the fabric on their wagon is an indicator of what sect they belong. Oh my point was the Rumspringa. Yes, those that take that time to explore outside their faith and decide which path to choose. I have met one Amish girl that chose to leave her community and she is the main supplier for edibles. She is truly the sweetest person I have ever met in my entire life. An amazing girl.

I appreciate the organic Amish Farmers, that are left. It's the only place to get real food, any longer. Organic farms...

Wish more people in the world supported them. I'm not into genetically modified food. I started trying to consume mostly all organic around the time I went vegetarian.. which was a long time ago now.
But yeah, kudos to the organic farmers of the world.

I appreciate the organic Amish Farmers, that are left. It's the only place to get real food, any longer. Organic farms...

Wish more people in the world supported them. I'm not into genetically modified food. I started trying to consume mostly all organic around the time I went vegetarian.. which was a long time ago now.
But yeah, kudos to the organic farmers of the world.
There are several organic farms near me. Non Amish. But they aren't certified organic because it is apparently really expensive to get that sticker. If you ask around you might be able able to find some that are technically organic, but not certified.

There are several organic farms near me. Non Amish. But they aren't certified organic because it is apparently really expensive to get that sticker. If you ask around you might be able able to find some that are technically organic, but not certified.
I think the realmilkfinder.com has the scoop on that? It's how I was able to find a lot. There are places near me that have raw organic milk...certified. Don't know how they are pulling it off...but a fair few do still exist.. a lot of these farms will outsource for special pick up locations, and / or a certain place will not put them on the shelves specifically but put them in the back / on hold for certain customers.
But yeah, that sticker is getting more nonexistent by the day..
That's all I know about the milk sources anyway

Last edited:
It sort of still exists today: The Amish.

It seemed to work out just fine for them.

They stayed true to their customs and ancestors.

I'd churn butter with the best of them if I could.
I actually considered it. It wouldn't be that much of a change for me. Then I could actually be part of a community. :) But, I'm sure I would grab an ass or something and get exiled for it. Ha! ha!

There is a small community of Amish people here on the outskirts of town in the countryside.
They own a local furniture store where all of the furniture is handcrafted.
Prices are incredibly high, but the makes and durability are significantly more authentic than what you find at mainstream corporation mass production counterparts.

There is a small community of Amish people here on the outskirts of town in the countryside.
They own a local furniture store where all of the furniture is handcrafted.
Prices are incredibly high, but the makes and durability are significantly more authentic than what you find at mainstream corporation mass production counterparts.
"makes and durability"
You get what you pay for!
people are too used to "made in china" crap.

Even back in the 80s (and very early 90s)- the quality wasn't as horrifying as it became.. take Records/VHS/cassette tapes to then CD/DVD. Flimsy as hell. A VHS And cassette tape lasted forever - just restring it if you had too. It didnt scratch or break at the slightest touch of hand. " technological Advancment" ...another way to rip people off, pretty much. Spend more money on stuff that broke because it's made cheap and poorly.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

and re-reading this - I am fully aware that I sound like a grumpy 80 year old, and I am content with that. :)

Last edited:
I think the realmilkfinder.com has the scoop on that? It's how I was able to find a lot. There are places near me that have raw organic milk...certified. Don't know how they are pulling it off...but a fair few do still exist.. a lot of these farms will outsource for special pick up locations, and / or a certain place will not put them on the shelves specifically but put them in the back / on hold for certain customers.
But yeah, that sticker is getting more nonexistent by the day..
That's all I know about the milk sources anyway
That's interesting about the milk. I don't drink cows milk so not an issue for me. I do love fresh vegetables though. I have a little garden in the summer and then I just planted some broccoli and cabbages and I keep herbs year round. I actually have some bundles drying now in my pantry. They smell amazing. As far as organic we only have one farm in our area that is certified organic, Native Sun, but they started it of as organic took like 4 years to get the soil right. Like Callie said its expensive. Because it takes several years and lots of inspections and lab testing I think a lot of farmers just don't have the land, the time, and the money to go organic. I compost and grind down all my egg shells after they been baked of course and I make a banana peel shake for the vegetables and roses but this year the garden vegetables got misted with seven dust because the little bugs and worms were snacking way too much.

"makes and durability"
You get what you pay for!
people are too used to "made in china" crap.

Even back in the 80s (and very early 90s)- the quality wasn't as horrifying as it became.. take Records/VHS/cassette tapes to then CD/DVD. Flimsy as hell. A VHS And cassette tape lasted forever - just restring it if you had too. It didnt scratch or break at the slightest touch of hand. " technological Advancment" ...another way to rip people off, pretty much. Spend more money on stuff that broke because it's made cheap and poorly.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

and re-reading this - I am fully aware that I sound like a grumpy 80 year old, and I am content with that. :)

Khufu Pyramid - 4,500 Years Old, writing within it Engraved In Stone. Preserved mostly just fine given its age.

Brand New Smart Phone - Drop it the next day in your kitchen by accident? Guess you gotta pay for another smart phone.

So I was looking for some thread the other day, and this thread showed up in the search list.

I read it again, and I was reminded of someone I fought with early in this thread, and I could feel the anger starting to come back.

Against my better judgment, I hate-searched his YouTube channel, which I already knew was full of insulting, immature/inane, and pervy/creepy content. Apparently it was not enough for him to be simply unpleasant, because he seems to have decided to up the ante to hate speech/racism/homophobia, and misogyny/hate against feminists, this coming from someone who called me an incel. How's that for irony. The channel is downright disgusting. And you best believe I flagged that s**t...hopefully it gets taken down soon.

Sure enough, he's also pro-Trump to the point of attending rallies, anti-vax, and anti-mask. Why am I not surprised.

I searched some more, and found that he openly admitted on another site that he likes to insult people and then block them. Someone else called his tactics "beyond cowardly". I enjoyed that. He seems to rub people the wrong way wherever he goes. Must be that "winning" personality.

There was also another funny thread a while ago on another site, where this guy who loves to tell others to "man up" and calls people "whiners", had a meltdown when no one jumped to answer his thread right away. He was mocked for several pages after that. It was great seeing him get what he deserves and being called out for the person he really is, but unfortunately that thread has been deleted.

But I just felt the anger boiling up inside. People like this are regressive. Intellectually and morally wrong. They would destroy all the progress we made after the Second World War, and want to take us back to the Gilded Age. They have this slave mindset that needs to have a hierarchy, where they're better than other people, and someone else is better than them, too - they need to have this, they're lost without it, and they want to force it on everyone else too. The common belief they seem to share, is that they are pro-cold world, pro-suffering. They want the world to stay hard. They want misery to remain in the world, instead of us evolving beyond it, out of some anachronistic belief in needing to be "tough", or in most cases, pretending to be. They want people they deem weak to suffer, so they can feel stronger, better than someone and in doing so, better about themselves, while kissing the asses of people higher up the hierarchy.

I started thinking, I hate this person. I hate people like him.
I hate what they think and believe. I hate everything they stand for.
I've been hated by, and hated right back, people like this all my life - from the rich kids who literally hated me just for existing, to this person and people like him. People who believe in the bully philosophy - might makes right, that life HAS to be Darwinian competition, that there IS and HAS to be a hierarchy and some people are inherently "better" than others.
I started understanding how the Civil War happened, because I don't see people like this as fellow Americans, I see them as enemies. I don't see them as people at all, but as some kind of infestation.

I started realizing that I was sounding like a Nazi, myself.

I started thinking, this is what people like this want. People like this want to provoke a reaction in others, they want to ruin your mood, they say hateful things, and that gets you to hate them, because a fight is what they want. Insulting people and getting in fights makes them feel good about themselves, because they are sorry people with sorry lives. They want to spread misery and bad feelings, because these people want attention, because their lives are meaningless and empty. They want to spread the same misery, bad feelings, and meaninglessness they feel themselves.

I started thinking, I know this kind of person, I know their mentality, I know their game. I know better.
And I also thought, if I'm going to claim the high road, that my way is the better way, then I can't do it by playing the same game, the hate game. As good as it would feel in the moment to get into a swear-fest with this kind of person, in the long run, it would feel bad, my mood would be ruined and I'd feel burnt out. I have to remember, spreading hate and getting attention is what they want, because they're immature. If I get into a swear-fest with them, that's exactly what they want me to do.

The characters in some of my favorite fictions, that I regard as good guys, they sometimes face truly depraved opponents. But they never sink to the level of hating them, tempting as it may be - they always stay true to the high road. I need to remember, take the high road, that I know better enough to take. Be above this, be the wiser person.

Last edited:
PS - if this post crosses the line, feel free to delete it. But I didn't write it with the intention to start a fight, I wrote it while thinking through the process of calming myself down, and as a note to myself in the future, should my anger arise - a reminder not to sink to the level the people I don't like, and to take the higher road.

PS - if this post crosses the line, feel free to delete it. But I didn't write it with the intention to start a fight, I wrote it while thinking through the process of calming myself down, and as a note to myself in the future, should my anger arise - a reminder not to sink to the level the people I don't like, and to take the higher road.
I think it’s not the people you do not like but the ideas and this is where it gets so difficult. We can all hold a humane level of respect for each other without agreeing. If we cannot then I agree we are no better than Nazis.

Most of the time we can all meet on middle ground but hate gets in the way 😔 i think you are strong and brave to walk yourself out of the anger ✨

I think it’s not the people you do not like but the ideas and this is where it gets so difficult. We can all hold a humane level of respect for each other without agreeing. If we cannot then I agree we are no better than Nazis.

Most of the time we can all meet on middle ground but hate gets in the way 😔 i think you are strong and brave to walk yourself out of the anger ✨

In some cases perhaps. But in this case...this person insulted me personally, and treated me with real hatred - as well as others. It was well beyond simple disagreement, which I've also had on here and looks very different, much more civil, respectful, and mature, where we can have differences over ideas without attacking the person. In this case, I definitely don't like the person, AND the ideas, and had this been offline "s**t would have got real" as they say. Worse still, it was all condoned, and I was treated like the bad guy for standing up to this person and fighting back, and I almost said "f**k it" to this whole site over it, but that's another story.

But, I had to walk myself out of the anger, and I couldn't just switch it off, I had to walk and talk and think myself through it. I have to do it, otherwise I'll regress to being a person that I know better than to be.

Last edited:
In some cases perhaps. But in this case...this person insulted me personally, and treated me with real hatred - as well as others. It was well beyond simple disagreement, which I've also had on here and looks very different, much more civil, respectful, and mature, where we can have differences over ideas without attacking the person. In this case, I definitely don't like the person, AND the ideas, and had this been offline "s**t would have got real" as they say. Worse still, it was all condoned, and I almost said "f it" to this whole site over it, but that's another story.

But, I had to walk myself out of the anger, and I couldn't just switch it off, I had to walk and talk and think myself through it. I have to do it, otherwise I'll regress to being a person that I know better than to be.
Oh Ska its awful, I think you are right, personal insults have no place in debates, views or anything of the sort. This new age bullying your opponent and being as disrespectful as possible has never sat well with me.

I commend you for recognising your anger and allowing it to wash over you and not infect you ✨

Ahhh, this thread brings back memories...
Otherwise known as the "woe is me" thread.
Why waste your energy hating people you don't care for, Ska?
You can't change the mindset of those people, you can't argue the opposite point since their minds are made up and they are going to remain that way until life teaches them otherwise. Might be now, might be in 30 years, but one constant I've always found; there is someone for everyone. Only way you don't? Start blaming anyone but yourself. The sooner they learn that, sooner they'll progress.they should spend less time on websites, more time actually LIVING.
Hate is illogical, my vulcan friend, in this case 😜

Ahhh, this thread brings back memories...
Otherwise known as the "woe is me" thread.
Why waste your energy hating people you don't care for, Ska?
You can't change the mindset of those people, you can't argue the opposite point since their minds are made up and they are going to remain that way until life teaches them otherwise. Might be now, might be in 30 years, but one constant I've always found; there is someone for everyone. Only way you don't? Start blaming anyone but yourself. The sooner they learn that, sooner they'll progress.they should spend less time on websites, more time actually LIVING.
Hate is illogical, my vulcan friend, in this case 😜

You know what, you're right. I allowed myself to get all mad about this, but all the sudden it hit me, why do I care?
Why am I taking this seriously?
How sad does a person's life have to be, how little do they have going on, when "owning the libs" is the highlight of their lives? When anime, Trump, and hating "SJW's" is all they have...that's pretty f***ing lame. And no, I'm not hating on anime itself - just pointing out the fact that these alt-right anime people don't have that much going on in their lives.

I need to remember, these people have actually taken time and effort to consciously make a strategy for harassing people online. This is what they do with their lives, how they spend their lives, what they think is worthwhile and fun to do.
That's just sad.
I feel hatred for them, in response to their hatred of me. But I need to remember that when I feel hatred for these people, I'm hating people that are already losers, that's why they're so hateful in the first place. There's no point to it.

This guy is wasting his life making his personality around hate, conspiracy theories, and being a sucker, getting played by a con man that looks down on him and people like him, the whole time.
Before Trump, these guys were the bottom of the social barrel.
But now, they're Trump supporters, now they're "tough guys".
It's the same mentality as the people that join gangs - they want social acceptance, and they want to go from being a loser to being "tough" and "cool".

But I need to not be like this.
I have a life I need to make something out of, and I owe it to myself not to waste it.
I need to focus on becoming something, making my life into something.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back